Asos (ASC) 👕 🛍 - Share Chat

That was quite insightful. Maybe it isn’t the smartest decision to remove the websites

Great analysis. I was thinking along the same lines and in contrast with Boohoo’s strategy it looks really poor. They’ve paid circa 300 million just to own brands they already sold on their website; not expanding their audience, not leveraging the brand’s goodwill (website/socials). I now wonder what they’ll do with the brand’s social medias they’ve acquired.

1 Like

FWIW topshop.com now actually 301 redirects to www.asos.com/topshop :man_facepalming:. What a pointless non value add and non-synergistic acquisition.

4 Likes
1 Like

And our latest deep dive into ASOS.

After a bumpy road these last few years, could the Topshop acquisition and pandemic be a new dawn?

I bought ASOS at £11 in march so I’m holding on but its been in the 45-55 range for months now, very solid base. I think the market has changed but fashion is one area where people don’t want to buy clothes from amazon/supermarkets so ASOS and boohoo have capitalised, particularly with no Primark online. More bricks and mortar will struggle and they can benefit if they don’t blow it.

3 Likes

What the hell just happened??

It’s an incorrectly displayed share price in the app. It was showing similar on google finance before the market opened.

1 Like

Woke up to discover 5k had been wiped out from my account, not a good start to the day!

What’s going on with this share? :thinking::open_mouth:

its all gone pete tong

I made a small investment into ASOS yesterday as I believe they are a strong company and will ride this blip out well. Not advice just my thoughts and actions…

Yeah I’m with you on that …the company is massive and has great potential for more growth in the future!

1 Like

Just when I thought we had reached the bottom of the curve, down another 3% today.

1 Like

Markets in general are being hammered today, I’m still positive for this one

1 Like

Down again - bought a little more, hopefully not just adding to my losses.

1 Like

That little green arrow is pointing in a vertical direction this morning, something not seen for some time.

2 Likes

I added to my investment in ASOS yesterday buying in the dip, my view of the company has not changed, I still think it is strong so pleased to have added to my holding at a discount. Not advice - just my thoughts.

3 Likes

5% up so far today!

3 Likes