AT&T 📞 📺 - T

The world’s largest communication firm by revenue, they provide mobile services, next-gen TV, high-speed internet for people and businesses.

1 Like

Absolutely amazing dividend and a great history! I believe a USA dividend aristocrat

2 Likes

Co-founded by the Alexander Graham Bell! Not sure a telephone company can have more history than that tbh!

2 Likes

What makes AT&T one of the most important companies in history is Bell Labs. Most of our technological advances and scientists today have their roots at Bell Labs. The Silicon Valley of its time. Sad to see that it’s just an extremely average Telco nowadays.

2 Likes

Yeah because history makes the future

Although no one can be sure what is going to happen tomorrow. All we can do is to try make a prediction of it using historic data because it is all we have to work with.

All sports betting shop makes a business out of this by offering greater odds on favourable outcome based on the history of wins against losses.

2 Likes

What stocks are you holding based on its history?

FAANG STOCKS!

But what about the future? Any good prospects? Apart from great dividends

that’s what is like to know?

2 Likes

Falling off a cliff here!

There’s been a lot of commentary on this forum about Cineworld’s (8bn) and AMC’s (5bn) debt but they look like a rounding error next to AT&T’s $180bn. If every US citizen went to the bank and withdrew $500 and mailed it to AT&T they’d still have more debt than AMC and Cineworld combined.

If AT&T were a country it’d be ranked ~40th by total debt just behind New Zealand and Taiwan, just above Hungary and Thailand.

4 Likes

Yet they still pay an 8% dividend, That’s what’s known as a dividend trap. It’s why just looking a yield in isolation is a bad idea.

1 Like

Will Warner Discovery be available on Freetrade immediately after its listed? @Freetrade_Team ?

Hi everyone :wave:

Apologies if this has already been answered. I am relatively new to this.

Can someone explain as to what is happening with this split/merger/spinoff thing?

I would need it in simple terms please. I bought my position on 11th March so i am wondering if i am likely to see any form of additional positions, monetry renumeration or anything like at all?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I’m in the same position, would like to know myself!

It would suggest that we get some free shares of some sorts then? Would just be good to know. Freetrade are notmally good at letting us know.

I am wondering if @freetrade would be able to enlighten us?

2 Likes

If you qualify you get 0.24 shares in the new company. They’ll be distributed by AT&T and can take a while to work through to the individual holders.

1 Like