Bitcoin - Crypto Chat

And in yen

2 Likes

And in Albanian Lek

2 Likes

Move to Monzo! They’re happy for you to buy crypto if it’s done for legal purposes…

Or use Revolut…who actually let you buy it in the app.

I use my Clydesdale Bank account (soon to be Virgin), to buy crypto via coinbase. Never once had an issue.

2 Likes

Best solution in my opinion is to use Coinbase and Revolut.

Use Revolut as the intermediary between Coinbase and your bank. That way your high street bank won’t flag any transactions.

1 Like

Quick tip for everyone, if you use coinbase pro you will save substantial amount of buying fees :sunglasses: it used to be completly free back in the days :joy:

1 Like

I have personally used Revolut and it sadly cost me quite a bit…

1. They don’t let you move any coins off their platform
  2. They have high sale fees

I wouldn’t recommend them for crypto directly, unless you’re looking for a very very simple way to take a position

As other posters have said though, if you’re using as intermediary makes sense

PPS… it’s still nice to have your primary bank accept, as if you make the mistake of transferring funds from an exchange to a primary that doesn’t support it, it would suck

I’ve recently moved my Bitcoin to Blockfi where you earn interest, accrued daily.

6% on Bitcoin and more with some stable coins

1 Like

Does that not make alarm bells go off in your head? If something sounds too good to be true…

4 Likes

I’ve only small chunks in Bitcoin so not really

The FreeTrade community care to put together a list of about 5 - 10 ways to play mainstream crypto including miners, for the 2023/24 buyers.

A single list and the knowledgable ones pick the best for the next dip.

1 Like

:black_small_square:Buy and hold. Long term play, hoping your asset will increase in value
:black_small_square:Buy and Sell. Trading in and out of assets to increase your portfolio value.
:black_small_square:Lending to earn interest. An extension of buy and hold, but with interest rates up to 12% pa. example platforms: NEXO, BlockFi, Celsius.
:black_small_square:Yield Farming and Staking. Giving your assets to liquidity pools to facilitate decentralised trading platforms. Interest rates up to 200% pa, sometimes much more.
:black_small_square:Leverage trading.
:black_small_square:Futures and derivatives.
:black_small_square:Mining

Just to start the list…

1 Like

Having no real experience in crypto before I setup my kids gaming pcs to mine Ethereum a couple of days ago using Lolminer, was fairly easy and as now the proud owner of 0.017 ether coins. Not sure I’d want to move my investments to it though

1 Like

The irony in my investing journey is that I decide to venture into BTC and put the least amount of money I’m willing to lose, then boom! It outperforms all my stocks, bonds, and etf portfolio in a matter of weeks. Generating the most even. :rocket::rocket::rocket::gem::raised_hand:

Taking out my initial outlay to see where it goes.

1 Like

I do the same, DM me you want a referral. But I only personally allocated 20% of my holding to Blockfi

2miner

Keep the Bitcoin rolling!

2 Likes

Recently joined Coinbase to jump on the ride. Sad to say the UX is certainly below par compared to what I’ve become used to from other popular fintechs. I would happily forfeit and transfer my BTC to Freetrade if they offered it in the future.

I have to say the complexities of crypto are quite annoying, moving to wallets, ledgers etc.

1 Like

I’ll wait for a technology astute member to jump in here, but if you’re U.K. based, what kind of return are you expecting versus electricity bills, or are you simply doing it as an experiment. From my understanding you’ll need hot shit hardware to effectively mine… and ROI is risky as technology changes quickly and the big boys can buy the technology at lower cost etc etc…

Quite interesting to read about how NVIDIA are actively throttling their GPUs for mining to keep them in the hands of gamers!

Also on the point of mining at home… back during the last crypto peak / bull run, Kodak made a hilarious appearance… check it out

It is quite amazing that the usability is still not up to today’s expectations… it’s still complicated and risky…

It is good to see that exchanges such as Coinbase have huge amounts of security in place due to the risks though…

1 Like