Chat

Ive been away for a year and the app has upgraded quite well but what has happened to the community that made freetrade what it is

1 Like

Neil left as he wasn’t getting any sort of payment for his role. I haven’t seen bitflip either lately. It’s such a shame as it was a great place and I really enjoyed the discussions but without moderators who are keeping things going, it’s not what it was.

I had really hoped Freetrade would look to get Neil back :grinning:

12 Likes

Agree @Emmie. For context though I’ve moved on to another provider that has an identical style forum but this forum is still better!

2 Likes

Really has gone down hill

1 Like

True feel like 50 percent of the experience was the chat. Thaught after a year out id have a jisa and employer contributions

3 Likes

Freetrade seems to be in a weird place as the forum used to be buzzing and even before @bitflip and @NeilB were leaders. The staff used to be quite involved but not so much nowadays. You would of thought with the decline in value they would put a lot of effort into comms but seems they are not anymore.

Feels like they are just getting ready to sell up or something.

The forum made me join and get others to join and invest a large amount both in ISA’s and shares in FT. I don’t anymore go out of my way to mention FT to anyone due to the above feelings.

Hope FT get their mojo back soon :crossed_fingers:

12 Likes

Out of curiosity what would happen if they sold up

Although not as busy as it used to be. It’s still a great place to debate, discuss, interact and learn alongside like-minded people.

16 Likes

Yep, to me this is clearly the case. There has been very little development on the app or comms from management for at least a year. The shipped list for last year is just disappointing.

So many threads on the forum of people asking for something and the only answer is no, they are not working on that, they are working on getting a sale. Probably for the best at this point, they need some capital and some strong leadership.

1 Like

Other reasons are people get burnt out as well, depends on news, other factors. I’m frequently on throughout the day and read lots of what people are saying :)))

1 Like

I’ll add that the market going cold didn’t help. I’m sure the chatter will emerge as the S&P 500 returns to bullish mode and sentiment becomes positive.

But yeah, having the team contribute (rather than just PR or support) will be helpful. I suppose it’s lower priority now though :cry:

9 Likes

Markets have been doing great recently but we shall see hehe

Completely agree. When I first joined, this forum was great for general chat, asking questions, learning things, talking about lives outside of investing. I used to see FT colleagues here a lot, which I thought was great to see them interacting with their customers.

But the last few months or so they’ve completely disappeared which isnt a good sign. Definitely looks as though theyre focussing on other parts such as selling and completely forgotten about those (us on here) who make FT what it was.

Its a shame, as when i logged on here therr would be SO much to catch up with and engage, even on a daily basis, but now it seems it is slowly fading to the background.

I hope the FT team still read our comments and suggestions, although, given their total lack of presence, even when tagged, I find it highly unlikely.

3 Likes

Yeah its gone massively downhill,i also think changing the ISA to 5 pound a month had a lot of people moving to T212.

1 Like

I joined close to the beginning. They banned all the good contributors, for silly reasons as well.

3 Likes

Freetrade have always maintained that they do read every comment.

2 Likes

Think its a bit wild to assume they are concentrating on selling the business because they aren’t as active as they once were on here.

1 Like

They need marketing investments for continue to grow.

The market is still there, Trading 212 now is consistently in the top 15- 20 finance App in the App store.

Only thing keeping me from not going over to trading 212 is the sipp.

1 Like

It isnt wild as when they did comment they said that they cant say anything on the subject at the moment when people asked due to the press saying they were in talks to sell. If they were not considering it or in discussions then they would have said NO as the doubt is never good for business.

1 Like