Chat

Hey @Big-g

I pop past every now and then to see how my old freinds are doing but it’s more like looking through the pub window than popping in for a swift half. I appreciate the kind words - I tried to make the community a great place to hand out and felt I did a good enough job to formalise that role, alas it wasn’t to be.

Hope you’re all doing well.

15 Likes

But but what if you walk by and see a nice big plate of fish and chips served with peas and onion rings would you not want to come in and make a big oddah today.

I just can’t be bothered anymore. My enthusiasm seems to be matched by that of Adam and Viktor too.

When the forum is good it’s great, but too often it’s just people understandably pleading for updates on features that have been highly voted for like tax certificates, JISAs, LISAs, etc and being ignored by FT.

The web interface and some sort of regular payment thing came along at last but seem to be perpetually stuck in beta. The less said about the rollout within the EU the better. I think it’s ~8 months since a promised update on the Freetrade NFT
 eesh.

None of my gripes are related to market turmoils, I’m shovelling as much as ever into my AJ Hell LISA, I’m just dismayed at the lack of progress and the way the investor updates, live stream Q&As and the guest web streams (of which there was one) just dried up.

It really makes me regret putting as much into the Crowdfunding as I did. I invested expecting faster progress or at least progress at the same rate as in the past. Ah well
it could be worse, I could be Molten Ventures.

PS. Bring back/entice back Neil and make it worth his while.

14 Likes

Molten ventures has Pref shares

1 Like

Same was hoping to bring my jisa onto freetrade but just seems like they dont care anymore trading 212 is much better

2 Likes

JISA’s we’re listed as up ‘next’ in the last crowdfunding. Looks like they might have finished the items in the working on ‘now’ section having just completed USD ETF’s. (They possibly have tax reporting still to go).

LISA’s were listed as ‘later’ though so that one won’t be for some time.

1 Like

Is it? Lots of stocks that people held for “free” are now restricted behind the 4.99 a month paywall.

Yes, because you are not charged a fee when you trade (buy or sell) stocks.

People with those restricted stocks can still sell them for free, they just can’t buy any more.

3 Likes

yeah banning codf was a bad move

Does anyone believe that Freetrade will still be here in 5 years?

The mass cut of staff and the transition of a once bustling forum to a bit of a ghost town is making me somewhat nervous at holding my ~ÂŁ23,000 with Freetrade.

The lack of updates is a bit of a red flag for me. If all was going well then you’d expect Freetrade to be posting social media / forum updates regarding the achievements / solid financial progress.

Regarding Neil, he was amazing here. It would not suprise me if he logged on from time to time with a ‘told you so’ kind of attitude to freetrade. They had the opportunity for him to maintain optimism with investors / freetrade users by allowing him to maintain a bustling forum
 everything just seems a bit negative
 and I am an investor in freetrade and a freetrade user

7 Likes

23 my lucky number

not sure you had a chance to review HL numbers reported this week; in 1H2022 their trading volume is down around 50% vs 2021.

This data show that all the trading industry (and its players) is living a down moment and things are probably (hopefully) at the bottom now

3 Likes

Not at all concerned, as an investor would I like some more updates, yes I suppose.

As a customer am I concerned? Not at all more than comfortable using Freetrade.

1 Like

Shame you’re not still around more often Neil.

Best wishes

2 Likes

Early investors ( up to and including R5 ) should be OK following the inevitable sale. Beyond that 

1 Like

Us investor 7s be be playah poppin

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.