Close Brothers Group plc CBG

This banking firm provide services like trading, advice and investment management split into three divisions: banking, securities and asset management.

Hello all I timed this investment perfectly lol. Oh well there’s definetely potential for growth so I will continue to grow my holdings.

Well it makes a sorry unending slope. Jumped in to grab some dividend action, but the SP falling off a cliff.

When will I learn to not just look at the dividend when investing.
Oh well currently the price is down due to this investigation into car loans and of course rising interest rates. From what I have read inflation is down and government borrowing is down. I expect a solid recovery next year as interest rates are cut and this investigation is complete. That or we will have World War 3. Either way I don’t worry about things anymore :slight_smile:

Don’t feel too bad, am down 46% on CBG and that’s with averaging down !

They haven’t been performing particularly strong lately caught up in scandals which end up costing them financially.

They’ve been a strong performer in the past and I think given the right market conditions they’ll do it again. Ultimately depends what the damage looks like between now and then regarding SP and I assume dividends will take a hit shortly.

https://otp.tools.investis.com/clients/uk/close_brothers/rns/regulatory-story.aspx?cid=61&newsid=1788105

Looks like CBG are suring up the war chest!

Oh dear that explains the drop then.
Oh well with what is happening in the wider world at the moment I think it’s quite prudent to stop the dividend.

Hopefully we will be rewarded at a later date.

I took the decision to sell all my CBG stock at a 48% loss last Tuesday… very glad I made that choice seeing the drop today !

Interesting I’m at a massive loss but not leaving I’ll add to it soon.

FCA have got this all wrong. Without going into detail, the FCA should be charging the dealership not bank??!?? They set the rate however dealership can set their own within the remit! And to go back to 2007 is very odd.

To me it feels like another nanny state free money grab and I’m sick of it.

Why is it that profit is a dirty word in 21st century Britain?

1 Like