Thoughts on portfolios and WW3

Hi all,

I know there is a separate topic on the war on Ukraine but since there are multible wars and major tensions between many countries now, I wanted to see what everyone’s thoughts are on their portfolios?

Do you keep the portfolio running?

Do you withdraw all or some of it?

How do you invest in a global war?

If say banks got bombed is there backups of data?

Have you all been investing less in certain areas because of the fear of ww3?

I mean I have many questions and I can guess that many are worried with things around the world getting worse with the potential for ww3 closer than ever before.

You turn on politics and Usally it has some sort of good news but it’s major doom and gloom showing the way UK is going/is…

The roads I notice are getting way worse. Work has slowed and the world has technically slowed overall lwaiting on China to get the engines back on but with them backing Russia it’s all a little confusing. We have and would be then funding a country that would be attacking us.

Some don’t want to talk about these things and wait until the last second to decide but by then you’re by far to late.

I wouldn’t know if a decent amount of cash at home is a good idea or hidden away in different houses with some left in the market?

Anyways I don’t want to waffle all day long so what’s your thoughts people?

SAIN has paid dividends through all wars in the past 150 years… so maybe ww3 as well.

2 Likes

Well that is good news for the dividend investors hehe

More reading here: What do markets typically do in times of war? | Science of Wealth.

2 Likes

That’s crazy I expected way worse figures. I guess you can make money as well with being invested in militery companies. I had a few before the Ukraine war happend and I sold they were free shares.

Professor Falken: Hello, Joshua.

Joshua: Greetings professor Falken, Shall we play a game?

Professor Falken: What will my returns be in a 2024 world war 3?

Joshua:- Total Obliteration

Professor Falken: So what move shall I take with my investments?

Joshua: The only winning move is not to play.

1 Like

Markets have held up surprisingly well during war and conflict. A well diversified/defensive portfolio should see you through. That being said it is difficult to imagine WW3 without the deployment of nuclear weapons at which point none of this matters anyway.

1 Like

Yes that’s what I was thinking. They also have emp nuclear weapons I’m sure as well or it was they send emps in to down everything then nuclear bomb it, else I’m just getting confused with two different bombs

There is no exact science but I think lots of people sell in hard times and institution/large investors scoop up and make big gains.

On the subject of WW3 I wouldn’t panic as we live in the 1st social media and 24hr news cycle world and everything is massively overhyped nowadays. Just seriously think who would actually go against NATO. Cold wars and proxy wars will always happen but world wars I doubt very much.

I just invest in a wide range of things that should be needed at all times rather than luxury items which could be up and down etc.

1 Like

The bigger issue is putin isn’t scared to pull the trigger and while nato is big nuclear weps are bigger and that seems to be the go to threat at the moment.

Hopefully everything works out

1 Like

But NATO has more modern and probably effective weapons. Also, doubt Putin would push the button and is going to agree some stalemate at some stage. Wars always end in negotiation. It is sad etc but if this event really did happen then your portfolio will not really matter either way. :rofl:

1 Like

I just have a weird feeling that certain countries want to flex almost like their boried and have been gaining mass over the years when they were weak now they want to flex.

Its been back and forth for years we all know this.

It would be cool of people also stated like what they would invest in during a ww3

If they drop bombs, datacenters and SEs will probably be the first to go, and I’m too close to both for confort. I don’t think my portolio would be my top concern…

*I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" Albert Einstein

Sell BAE, Raytheon etc. Buy sticks and stones!

4 Likes