Day 1 Close price:

• <$250
  • $250-299
  • $300-349
  • $350-400
  • $400+

0 voters

1 Like

It’s $577 on FTX right now (mind you FTX users are generally more crypto-friendly traders)

1 Like

This is going to be like the AirBnB IPO x100 :rofl:

3 Likes

Any valuation that values Coinbase, a crpyto exchange, at more than the NASDAQ or NYSE stock exchanges is surely overhyped right?

I think it’s going to be like Tesla! Massively overpriced relative to its present day value and with about +10 years of growth factored in edit plus it’s going to have the enthusiasm of a massive number of crypto evangelists.

5 Likes

What time are the American markets open vs gmt+1?
Cheers guys!

I am going to ride this for a quick gain over 2-3 days, profit cap 5% - 7%. That’s it. It’s just hype and definitely overvalued.

3 Likes

14:30 is GMT opening :+1:

1 Like

That’s brilliant :joy:

1 Like

Thank you!

Their valuation will be tied to the volumes and value of Bitcoin being traded. If that looks like a bigger and bigger market then coinbase will have a higher perceived value. I think it’s a good buy but you have to keep an eye on BTC and ETH prices too

1 Like

Massively overpriced? Have you seen Coinbase’s results? :sweat_smile:

Airbnb’s financials weren’t great before being listed

Airbnb’s Core Earnings fell from $37 million in 2018 to -$319 million in 2019. Core Earnings fell further, to -$520 million, over the TTM.

Source: Airbnb’s Higher Valuation Is Reasonable

Whereas on the other hand for Coinbase

Coinbase brought in $1.2 billion in revenue over the course of the year for a profit of $322 million, the first time the company has turned an annual profit.

Though I’ll admit I’m not aware what kind of numbers Tesla was delivering in 2010 before they were listed on NASDAQ.

1 Like

Not necessarily, Coinbase is taking fees from everyone whether they’re buying or selling. If the crypto market starts crashing and people are cashing out Coinbase is still racking in the money.

2 Likes

Forgive me for asking because I am sure this has already been discussed but will Coinbase be behind the paywall?

Indeed, however, freshly listed stocks aren’t usually available on the secondary market until a few hours after this.

So it’s likely that Coinbase won’t be available until late afternoon UK time.

Here’s why:

We are of course keeping close tabs on this and will be alerted the moment the stock is available, at which point we’ll activate it on your app.

We’ll let you know by sending push notification to your app, too, though that may take a few more minutes to arrive on your phone due to the large audience we’ll send it to.

So your best bet is to monitor this thread and follow us on Twitter, and keep tabs on your app — once you do see our announcement, it may help to open and close your app to force the refresh even faster.

5 Likes

No, IPOs are always in the free tier.

Cheers!

Thanks for the post!

Any chance for future IPOs we could place buy orders and have a price range of where we’d want to automatically have shares bought for us? :crossed_fingers:

I’d be more relaxed today if I could place a buy order for COIN and then can focus on work and check later this evening what price I managed to pick some up at :joy:

2 Likes

Exactly, yep!

2 Likes

Hey, we’ll always keep improving the process around setting up limit orders etc.

But my understanding is that it wouldn’t be possible to do this with a direct listing or IPO as there is no pricing available until it literally hits the secondary market.

At which point you’d be able to set up a limit order.

2 Likes

Is it going to be available for ISA’s?