Coinbase - COIN

Indeed… Prehaps over the medium term, institutional investors will count for much more with retail being the minority.

The coinbase effect…

1 Like

Hi everyone

I merged a couple of threads here so all the discussion on Coinbase is in one place.

Coinbase will be available on your app as soon it’s available on the secondary market following its direct listing this Wednesday 14th April.

It’s likely this will be a few hours after the market opens at 2.30 PM UK time:

In the meantime, check out our latest guide:

12 Likes

:point_up: :+1: :clap: :facepunch:

1 Like

Coinbase is now on Discovery waiting too land tomorrow!!!

3 Likes

Can’t wait!!! I’ll be dipping my toes tomorrow! (Or swimming… see what the price comes in at!)
:man_swimming:

2 Likes

Me too, let’s hope it doesn’t do a deliveroo!

2 Likes

I’ll be quite happy if it does a Deliveroo - more shares for me :rofl:

1 Like

Money waiting to buy, just wondering how many shares it will buy me. This’ll be a long term punt for me, so not worried if it drops big time initially.

1 Like

All IPOs tend to drop on the first day, I wonder what’ll happen here. BTC pretty much at an all time high too…

I use and like Coinbase, they’re quite expensive to buy and sell crypto but have build themselves into the first port of call for many. My concerns will be the valuation - how can they be worth more than Goldman Sachs? I’m not tied to value investing and own shares in ‘loss making’ companies but this might be a stretch for me.

Replying to my own comment.

Apparently it’ll have a reference prices of $250 or $50bn so it’s not bigger than Goldman. That was my main concern.

Be interesting to see what the cheapest anyone here get to take a bite at for. Anyone want take a guess? I’ll start
$288

2 Likes

The reference price is $250 so probably closer to the $300 mark time we mere mortals on Freetrade get it

4 Likes

I’m going for a little punt and would hope for 277 :+1:

While Coinbase is expensive, Coinbase Pro is much much cheaper. I transfer money and coins between the two.

5 Likes
1 Like

What time do you think we’ll have this live on Freetrade?

Freetrade will list as soon as they possibly can but it is likely to float this afternoon in the US.

1 Like

I have no idea about this and based on nothing i’m guessing it will be $400+ by the time it it on FT.

1 Like