Collection - newly added stocks 🆕

Great to see this being developed further and I like that you can open a collection and see a list of stocks contained within. It looks like you can scroll the collection horizontally on the discover page which I like too.

The challenge I see is that the discover screen is looking a bit crowded with all those discover pill buttons plus a single collection plus the list of stocks. How will this visual clutter be dealt with when you have multiple collections?

Also, is there a need for all the view pill buttons on the collection page? They look a bit dated and I would expect that it’s apparent to most people that pressing on an item in the stock list would show more detail

2 Likes

Maybe the label could be “ETFs ETCs etc”? :wink:

2 Likes

Yes :slight_smile:

We might not add this filter though, it’s still under consideration.

We’d break this filter down so this would only show Index ETFs. We’d have others for Bond ETFs etc.

2 Likes

If you look, not everything has a ‘view’ pill next to it. Only the new stocks do. Make me wonder if that’s because the ‘view’ actually links to the relevant post on the community introducing the stock in question?

This is a very early version of the design - to give you a sense of how early, the main reason the pill is there is to have the pill - what will be displayed on that button & what it does, still hasn’t been decided :thinking:

1 Like

Yes, I think you are right, that could well be used as a link to additional info . My main irk is the collection screen where I find the view pills to be visually jarring 
 I’m sure there is room for some improvement

I thought Collections would be the section, rather a expanded collection like shown for ‘Newly added’ in the screenshot above. Something like this

or like Spotify’s collections

Other than that, the “Newly added” section needs some other sort of styling beyond it being larger that differentiates it from the stocks below.

P.S. Good to see the “Exchange Traded Funds” is being reworked.

6 Likes

The etf explanation box solves all my concerns and I really like those designs

2 Likes

Looks great. I like the new shorter ETF label too.

Looks great. However, I’d rather Freetrade concentrated on actually adding stocks than producing glossy gimmicks. I think I’m right in saying we’ve only had about a dozen additions this year to the microcosm that is the so-called stock universe.

Edit: As Rat_au_vanEmma rightly pointed out, it’s dozens rather than a dozen.

1 Like

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: The pace of Freetrade’s development

Nice idea, but I am a little confused about the Index ETFs section. I mean not all the ETFs are necessarily index ones. If you make a section for Index ETFs you will have to make one for non-index ETFs as well. I think your best course of action is to just have one section and label it ETFs. Much simpler and removes the confusion out of people.
Edit : I am also not a big fan of the orange colour in there. I think it will look better if you keep your app within your main colours of pink/purple/white. (personal opinion of course)

1 Like

Seems like it is more likely that there will be subsections to address this issue :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That makes sense, I have missed out that part, my mistake.

1 Like

New stock Beyond Meat Added to Freetrade

9 Likes

And zoom as well

[spoiler][/spoiler]

2 Likes

How many where added their not coming up on newly added stocks.

1 Like

Isn’t Ctrip new too? Chinese company -They own TrainPal in the uk, a competitor to Trainline

We’ve ‘just’ added Beyond Meat & Zoom today.

It’s our end of quarter company meeting right now but you’ll see them in the Newly Added collection once we’re finished, later this afternoon :smile:

We wanted to add them in time for the market opening though :bell:

8 Likes

Ok thanks for the update.

1 Like