Commission-free Instant Orders launched today!

I’m super happy about this as is one of my recommendations to Freetrade, a colleague at work. People are very often keen to give a negative review/comment, as with any website but not commend if there’s a positive, I’m not sure why this is but for me and many members of this forum, this is a fabulous advantage. Keep going Freetrade, I and many others applaud you :+1::clap::+1:

6 Likes

Really delighted Freetrade that you implemented this. Euro accounts and I’ll be weak at the knees

2 Likes

Amazing! You are the best! :grinning:

What do you mean by this? Evarvest is some kind of white label?

No, another zero commission broker startup that crowdfunded last year, but were using the brokerage platform of someone else.

In doing so, they will launch with more than 8,000 stocks and over 30 stock exchanges globally to choose from, but ultimately can’t see how it will be sustainable.

Got some other nifty things as well, you can share your portfolios with others or track those of top performers. Makes it a bit more social.

But FreeTrade did the hard work with building their own platform, features like this supposedly can be added fairly easily now it’s live.

They just really need to massively increase the stock universe… so many stocks I want to invest in that aren’t on FreeTrade and just 250 new USA stocks isn’t going to cut it for me.

4 Likes

Was very awesome to see this when I began investing today. It does intrigue me as to what the vision for alpha will be now? As instant trades being part of a paid package didn’t interest me, but if you could come up with a system similar to simply wallstreet, I’d glady switch!

Give me the ability to seperate my stocks into seperate portfolios with graphs for each one, auto investing for each portfolio, the ability to automatically seperate my funds and have them auto invested into each portfolio according to the % I set! There’s so many possibilities for alpha that are far more interesting that simply giving us instant trades :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Yes this is superb and potentially life changing for me and many others. Fantastic achievment by a great trusted brand. Looking forward to the next steps and ironing out some of the small bumps left in the app.

2 Likes

I haven’t got this on my app

Only works when the markets are open, otherwise it’ll revert to a queued order for when the markets open.

I have mixed feelings about comission free instant orders on Freetrade.

1. I love it. I think it’s great for the consumer. In the short term at least.
  2. I’m unsure regarding the sustainability of the business model in the long term due to my ignorance. And let me emphasize my ignorance. My ignorance of the economic fundamentals, that management is aware of and I’m not, regarding costs and revenues.
  3. I repeat, I like free instant orders. But I want Freetrade to be around :100: years from now.
  4. I guess I’m going to strongly consider the premium account just to contribute to the sustainability of the business for the long haul.
13 Likes

Update to the latest version and you’ll see it

4 Likes

Great news
New to the app this can only encourage share ownership.

4 Likes

May I ask who else is commission free for instant orders in UK or are we the only one so far?

And does the new tech allow us to have better bid ask spread / execution price?

Trading 212 and Revolut are also commission-free.

If I understand your question, they said many times they execute through the LSE, and they don’t widen the spread or make money from the spread.

1 Like

Putting in trade out of market hours shows:
Basic order
Placed tomorrow from 3pm

Does it actually, or does it execute when market opens?

It does execute at 3pm.

They’ll be moving it to market opening soon.

2 Likes

I read from somewhere here that sometimes the orders failed because the price Freetrade get for us is not the best price. Does it have anything to do with lack of the platform before?

This was a deal breaker. Immediately Sold every holding with Charles Stanley and re-bought with FT.

FT’s seriously shaking things up. Robin Hood’s got it’s work cut out for it.

7 Likes

Free instant trades rolled out just in time now the markets have got super frothy. Great job

4 Likes