First Freetrade orders

Hey Chris, did my first transaction just now! Once you confirm it (Touch/Face ID or, assuming, your PIN), the first screen comes up where Freetrades sends your order. Then your queue for the end-of-the-day transaction is confirmed.

And you can easily cancel it too!

9 Likes

Literally just done that myself. Feels good.

3 Likes

Ooh S&P, I’m tempted by that too…

2 Likes

I’m just jealous of the sums haha!

So I just queued to buy:
Ftse 100 = 3 shares
Uk dividend plus = 3 shares
S&P 500 = 1 share

I am loving this app already, the fact I can buy such small amounts means I can just throw spare change into my account and top up small.

Loving it.

16 Likes

Decided to see if I could find my trade :joy:

EDIT: Just realised I could have trimmed it down further on the time.

10 Likes

Safety first with my first orders:

9 Likes

Bit of diversity

It’s 4 shares of Centamin btw, they’re sorting that out at the moment. I’ve definitely kept Toby busy today :joy:

7 Likes

I’ve made 5p profit today.*

*Ignoring instant trade fees :joy:

12 Likes

I’ve given it a first go at creating a portfolio that is risk-diversified using Risk Parity (what Ray Dalio’s All Weather portfolio uses) using the top 10 trending stocks (using a simple momentum strategy) as my universe.

(Rough) allocation seems to be:

AZN: 11%
WTB: 8%
SHP: 11%
HL: 10%
FERG: 12%
LSE: 12%
ULVR: 11%
BRBY: 5%
OCDO 8%
BNZL: 12%

Disclaimer: use at your own risk, not investment advice, performed purely for testing purposes

It’d be awesome to be able to perform such allocation automatically with Freetrade, or have an API to get data (this uses Yahoo) and contribute such algorithms.

In any case, this is just to show that one can create a risk-diversified portfolio that shouldn’t move too much with recessions, and pay no fees to set it up with Freetrade! I’m very excited.

12 Likes

Fantastic!

1 Like

Hi Everyone.
Not wishing to poke my nose into your private affairs but what Stocks etc have you Super Early testers added to your Portfolios ? :bank:

I have

1x UK dividend aristocrats ETF
2 x Barclays
1 x Scottish Mortgage Trust
4 x Sirius Minerals
7 x Centamin

Had a National Grid one but sold it

3 Likes

Worked for them once… was surprised how much we rely on them.

6 Likes

Just the core for now S&P 500, FTSE 250 tracker and UKDV :slight_smile: looking forward to researching what other ones I want as part of my strategy

4 Likes

Hargreaves Lansdowne
UK Dividend (IUKD)
S&P 500
UK Dividend (UKDV)
BP

So far so good. Continuing my research on what to buy next.

4 Likes

My first trade - MSCI World :slight_smile:

4 Likes

First trade was FTSE 100 (ISF), followed swiftly by UK Dividend (UKDV), then a few individual shares to play with / for diversification!

2 Likes

iShares MSCI world IWDG. (I find it much easier to pick trackers than individual stocks.)

2 Likes

Statistically, you’ll be better off too!

:+1:

I usually try stay about 95% global stock and bond trackers, roughly in a 60:40 ratio. And 5% more punchy stuff - crowdequity, tech stocks and so on.

The fiddling with the 5% helps me stay disciplined with the 95%. (That’s what I mutter to myself as I wonder whether those Chinese internet stocks will rebound, or look at wind farm bonds on Abundance etc etc).

2 Likes