Compass Pathways (CMPS) - Share Chat

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-09-18/-magic-mushroom-company-moves-toward-mainstream-in-nasdaq-ipo

UK based PLC developing psilocybin as a treatment for different types of clinical depression.

1 Like

Anyway we can get this on? Realise weā€™ve missed the initial listing but I am still keen!

3 Likes

Would also love this on Freetrade!

2 Likes

Please get this on Freetrade! This company has so much potential being the first of its kind!

1 Like

Can we get this added on ASAP please?

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Bump

3 Likes

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/23/peter-thiel-backs-psychedelics-startup-atai.html

4 Likes

Please get this on! Or if youā€™re not going to at least let us know ! haha

2 Likes

Bump for this one. Its been on Nasdaq for ~3 months now and $2bn market cap

3 Likes

definitely interested. Companies dealing in psilocybin:
$ENBI
$CYBN
$MMED
$FTRP
$HAVN
$NUMI $MCUR $NOVA $PSYC $PHRM $TRIP $MYCO $RBB $COOL $PULL $LOBE $DELC $NUMI

2 Likes

Lots of interesting names - would love to have MMED added to Freetrade

Hi, is it possible to buy Compass Pathways plc (ADR) (CMPS) be bought within a Stocks and Shares ISA?
Thanks

Yes it is

Thanks for the quick response. The reason I ask is every other S&S ISA provider Iā€™ve looked at says it cannot. So it seems strange you can through Freetrade. I just want to be sure before I transfer my ISA across to Freetrade!

1 Like

Lots of ADR shares are not ISA eligible, but this one I think seems to be. CMPS is a UK company but listed in the US (hence ADR) so i donā€™t think it breaks the ISA rules.

Thanks Finki much appreciated thatā€™s interesting. Makes sense as every other stocks and shares ISA provider that Iā€™ve tried showed it wasnā€™t possible to buy CMPS within one.

1 Like

Thatā€™s my understanding. I was thinking about it a bit more. If Iā€™m not misunderstanding itā€™s an unlisted plc listed in the US but because itā€™s a foreign company has to list as an adr, no publicly listed parent means no ISA eligibility despite the fact that itā€™s a UK company?

That feels like a bit of an oversight (by the government criteria) if thatā€™s the case

Correct. But the location (UK) is irrelevant in isolation. The parent has to be Listed and the Parental Listing has to meet HMRC ISA Criteria. This doesnā€™t.

1 Like

Excellent (or not in this case :smile:) thanks for clarifying

Anyone know any reason for the jump yesterday?