Coronavirus and Stock Markets - Thoughts?

I support the lack of testing for now. If a persons condition isnā€™t bad enough to require hospital treatment then it seems a waste of a vital testing kit. What will be important though, is that everyone gets a test to see whether they have had it at some point. Gauge immunity levelsā€¦If thatā€™s possible. My medical expertise go as far as watching bbc/sky news

1 Like

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-britain-airlines/uk-government-plans-to-buy-into-airlines-ft-idUKKBN21809I

The government plans to invest billions of pounds in companies including IAG-owned British Airways (ICAG.L) in return for shares that would eventually be sold back to private investors, the newspaper reported, citing people familiar with the matter.

1 Like

2 Likes

3 Likes

Equity derivates = Options. In case someone didnā€™t know. :+1:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-10/jpmorgan-citigroup-feast-on-equity-derivatives-in-virus-panic

:grimacing: Bet Stripe, Square, PayPal are seeing similar drop offs. AirBNB etc will also have seen a total collapse in bookings and so all the auxiliary services/businesses would also be affected.

1 Like

When people are afraid to buy, then thereā€™s a real dip. At the moment thereā€™s still to much of a ā€œperma bullā€ mindset amongst retail investors.

The market hasnā€™t fully capitulated yet.

1 Like

:spiral_calendar:

3 Likes

Monday sounds like a sell off day. @Marsares got that bonus ready?!

4 Likes

I think they buried their heads alot longer than the UK so can see things ramping up alot faster. Kudlow sounds like his comments might make some Americans lower their guard?

2 Likes

In this age of volatility, i was wondering if Freetrade do OTM Spy puts? i want to use this to offset the 95% of my portfolio during this crazy time. Plan on using them only as hedge insurance, not the ups and down of daytrading seen in some reddit places (!)ā€¦

2 Likes

They donā€™t. No CFDs through Freetrade unfortunately. Plenty of other apps that do offer this though.

Please keep reminding people that social distancing and being at home can save lives.

Stay well.

New Jersey:

UK:

Yes, everyone is trying to get on with lives and do work, even on weekends.

Over 800 :disappointed: in Italy in one day.

Stay safe and wash your hands.

1 Like

Cross post/Repost

1 Like

Plot of confirmed corona cases in the USA, growing faster than any other country.

Donā€™t the T212 etc ads have a warning saying 70% of CFD customers lose money?

Vanilla derivatives like options would be awesome though.

2 Likes

Isnā€™t it 90%?

Edit: No

2 Likes

Agree. Options would be a must for me, gotta hedge but also work the market a bit.

Iā€™m not interested in options as a) Iā€™m not competent enough yet and b) not disciplined enough in my actions to use them wisely. Better to know my limitations and act accordingly

1 Like

But an option would be an option. :crazy_face:

Donā€™t have to use them.

2 Likes