Which stock are you going to buy during the dip due to coronavirus?

Anyone keeping an eye anything particular?

2 Likes

FTSE 100, S&P uk div, ITM power, Ceres, imperial brands.

3 Likes

Both FTSE’s for the yield, S&P, Apple, Disney and JP Morgan for me today.

Depending on how bad this gets I may just average down again on my UK stocks, been simply adding a small amount to each since Monday.

3 Likes

Not buying anything at the moment but waiting patiently to jump into FTSEs and S&P. Still further to drop and I won’t be getting suckered into a dead cat bounce.

I’ve been waiting for a big drop and it think this might be it

2 Likes

I am doing the same. As the market keep going down I am reinforcing my positions little by little every day since Monday.

2 Likes

Put in what you can afford, don’t go absolutely crazy and stick a large amount of cash in, remember diversification. Oh and hold your nerve.

4 Likes

Who makes Lemsip?

18 Likes

Reckitt Benckiser - one of my consistent dividend growth British companies.

4 Likes

My shopping list - still fluid though as it’s early stage research. Growth based, not too worried about dividends at this stage. Once I got my bonus late March, going to stick £25k in.

Semi conductors

• intel
  • Qualcomm
  • Nvidia
  • Micron

Tech

• Slack
  • PayPal
  • Palo Alto
  • Microsoft

Finance

• VISA - edit: now removed
  • MasterCard - edit: now removed
  • Square

Mining

• Greatland
  • Bushveld

Energy

• Global clean energy ETF
  • Ceres

Pharma

• Bristol Myers Squibb
  • Gilead
  • Johnson & Johnson
  • Pfizer

Just gutted I have to wait till my bonus materialises, otherwise I would have started buying throughout the coming weeks already on an opportunistic basis.

10 Likes

Don’t lose your bonus money if the machines keep pushing the prices lower and lower. Making the money back is much harder. You can always ride along during the next bull cycle, even if you’re a bit “late”.

7 Likes

FTSE100 and AMD

Thinking about it, I do regret selling AMD when it was in the 30’s Might look for a chance to buy in again

I don’t think this drop has finished yet though

1 Like

Yes that’s very true. I already add more to my portfolio during this dip

Very hard to tell if it drop even further.

I bought a very small amount of everything on my shopping list yesterday, I was going to do the same again, tomorrow, friday etc but I don’t completely trust that next Monday won’t be a repeat of this one :worried:

Ah, within years we’ll have forgotten about this :crossed_fingers: so maybe just grab a bargain then hold…unless you are retiring or need the money elsewhere. Good luck :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Same here. I still can’t really tell if next week it would go down or if it is only for this week only.

I am a long term investor and this is exactly what I am going to do. Thanks I hope everyone would grab a bargain too!

1 Like

Keeping an eye on new corona cases which will be the lead indicator, then on the VIX which may confirm things more, and then will start investing heavily again once my bonus is in. Until that, am selectively picking a few stocks here and there.

1 Like

What happens when people work at home

And can’t get to the shops

And spend their leisure time at home

39 Likes