Crowdfunding road trip - Birmingham 🚐

Our next crowdfunding round will be at the end of June :calendar: The team’s going to be visiting a few cities in the UK to meet our community beforehand :handshake:

After collecting your votes, we’ve chosen to come to Birmingham some time during the week beginning the 17th June.

If anyone has any recommendations for locations where we could meet up, please let me know! A dedicated event space - perhaps in a coworking office - would be ideal.

We’ll share more details about our plans and an Eventbrite event so that you can reserve tickets, once we’ve arranged our visits to Leeds and Manchester too.

4 Likes

Can’t wait to meet you guys in Birmingham! I know you can hire a cool art / studio space in centre of town called BOM.

There are also some cool places about 10 / 15min walk outside of town in Digbeth and Bond.

Or you could hire the oldest working cinema in the country

4 Likes

Thanks a lot for this suggestion! We went with BOM :raised_hands:

3 Likes

Today’s the day!

3 Likes

Will the new share price be shared publicly after tonight’s event?

2 Likes

Nice to meet you guys tonight. Was a good meetup.

3 Likes

New share price? :thinking::shushing_face::money_mouth_face:

1 Like

It was awesome to meet everyone in Birmingham! We had fun sharing a few new milestones, features, and announcements. :wink: Thanks for coming to the meetup! :raised_hands:

6 Likes

When will you share this information with those of us that don’t live remotely near Birmingham?

An email update is dropping in everyone’s inbox later this week. :wink:

2 Likes

Great event! Thanks for coming to Birmingham. Was really cool to hear about what’s coming up.

7 Likes

It was great meeting the team and the community.

There are some great things to come especially with the new platform!

4 Likes

Cheers again for coming to Birmingham (and for the pizza). Excited for Q3!

4 Likes

Anything you’d like/ are allowed to share?

1 Like

Everything is moving in the right direction, more customers ( hit another milestone ), more account funding ( signals trust ), more features ( Freepass, Discover, Insights ), more countries. Valuation is still being finalised.

Viktor shared the user journey for the incentivised share invites. Here is a invite if anyone wants to join and get a free share.

Lots of good things happening behind the scenes, from the Discover to the new Insights tab. They are really taking the feedback on board and trying to improve everything.

They are getting closer with the new platform, still no release date but it will let them offer more shares, better fx, fractionals etc. Freetrade will be able to explain it better than I can when they can.

Viktor and Adam said they need more engineers. Sounds like a decent place to work, definitely worth looking into if you are in or around London. They have other roles as well!

10 Likes

How many?

How much?

Thanks

https://twitter.com/freetrade/status/1141301033542606853

10 Likes

It would be interesting to see the Account funding, but I guess I’ll have to wait till 25th June. :grin:

3 Likes

Great to see everyone yesterday. Thanks for bringing the roadtrip to Birmingham.

4 Likes

At least 34,996 now, that was quick :muscle: :slight_smile:

11 Likes