Darktrace - DARK - Share Chat

good to hear. hopefully today’s reversal is just a blip

1 Like

Didn’t they change their projections upwards recently? And they did it very early as well, which is supposed to be a good indication for favourable earnings.

Must admit, I’m tempted to sell when looking at a 70% increase, but I suppose that’s the whole point - when is a good time to sell?

When the industry declines? I just don’t see that happening for a while. Darktrace’s product’s prices are competitive too. I don’t think we’re at the top yet. Not unless someone releases something complaining about their products, I have seen nothing but good reports

Yep it would be VERY odd for the industry to decline in my life time :joy:

Haha. There will always be an element of online security in some form or other so I wouldn’t expect it to decline as such until the end of the internet…

I think we will see periods where the industry growth slows as people get complacent and spending on online security decreases - until the next big attack or hack at which point things start to wake up.

1 Like

Come on dark… Let’s see another good push… She’s going in the wrong direction :person_facepalming::joy::crazy_face:

2 Likes

shes really not looking that great in my portfolio atm, tried to find reasons why but shes just going down down down :man_shrugging: in for the long haul so not overly concerned but hey, everyone need cyber security right

1 Like

Still massively up on 4months impressive

this is a solid Hold!

2 Likes

I have sold out for now to take the profit but i will jump in should it come back down to about 550.

Darktrace PLC (LSE:DARK) shares are down after pre-IPO investors in the cybersecurity outfit sold a big chunk of them in a placing overnight.

Private equity giant KKR, venture capital firm Balderton Capital, and esoterically named funds Summit DT CLN Holdings 4 and Hoxton Ventures Fund I Opportunities III LP together sold 23.2mln shares at 620p apiece, netting a total of £143.84mln.

This compared to the price at Darktraces IPO of 250p when the same number of shares cost £58mln.

Source - https://www.proactiveinvestors.co.uk/companies/news/957046/darktrace-investors-offload-shares-after-netting-tidy-profit-from-ipo-957046.html

3 Likes

They sold for the quick profit but this is going to get bigger

Well I’m here to stay. I set a sell price for £12 a share, so I’ll be here to the bitter end or until the sweet taste of £12. I was lucky and was in from the start :muscle::sunglasses:

1 Like

I’ve been doing the Hokey Cokey with this one, but given today’s price I’ve got my right arm in again.

:crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

They bought in years ago, so not that quick!

Seems very short-sighted and poorly timed with the price being lower than it has been and the company upping it’s projections for this quarter. At least it explains what was going on as it made no sense to me.

3 Likes

I know right. This week I was reading that Australian sales alone are up 60% YoY

3 Likes

Invested a small amount at £7.30ish a few weeks ago… but with the price falling, I’m tempted to buy more. Seems that this is a long game stock… but I’m still fairly new to it all, any advice?

3 Likes

I have a few investments I just put a tenner in to watch it float or sink :joy:
but this one for sure I’m currently down but up to pumping more in, I see a bright future :raised_hands:

1 Like

My average share price is currently £7.14 so taking a bit of pain right now. On the plus side, I see this current dip as an opportunity to add a few more shares.

4 Likes

I got in when it first when live as I had heard of it and used the service in the past; I thought it was an exciting product so thought it has massive potential for the long haul!

1 Like