Debenhams - DEB.L

A £30 gamble is a little different than sinking my savings into it.

20% gain on my 1,000 shares so far! :heart_eyes:

I wonder how long that will last. :rofl:

1 Like

A very wise trader once told me that 20%/30% is where he draws the line. Every penny counts, better to have some than to loose some.

1 Like

I’ve already written off the £30 cost of 1,000 shares. Best to come to terms with losing it now. Therefore, I plan to let the market decide where my 1,000 shares go. The shares themselves are only up 10% now from my purchase. The excitement of Mike Ashley’s involvement has calmed down a little.

The Telegraph yesterday states that we should know by the end of this week the outcome.

Haha 4p… Put in whatever you’re happy to lose. It might go into administration soon.

Here’s the latest update -

Debenhams shares crater 50% as it announces radical rescue plan that could wipe out shareholders - Yahoo Finance

The BBC’s story has some more details about their plans -

2 Likes

That’s £2.50 I’ll never see again :disappointed_relieved:

4 Likes

Fake news! I’m only at a 46% loss :rofl: .

Never thought I’d be rooting for Mike Ashley :exploding_head: !

I think…
Time to double down! 2,000 shares? 10,000? :crazy_face:

Joke! I know the writing is on the wall for my £30… well, actually, £16 :joy:.

1 Like

The latest news in this saga, I may just get my cash back!

2 Likes

Are sports direct in a good position? I thought they’d be the next one to go!

1 Like

If they can afford to give Debenhams a £150m loan as well as offer to buy it’s Danish stores for £100m, it must be making money.

Looking at it’s last annual accounts for 2017/18 state it made £300m profit before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation and has it at £100m profit after these. They also have a property portfolio of over £1billion and now seem to own half of the high street.

Bear in mind I’m not a shareholder in Sports Direct, and I don’t ever plan to.

1 Like
2 Likes

I’m up 107% currently, which is nice. They may still go bust

I’m doing everything in my power to not FOMO buy and see if i can ride this momentum.

But I might just. :thinking:

Could this mean my £8 investment in Debenhams is a goner :pensive:

1 Like

I was gambling on a Mike Ashley take over, still think it’s the best option for them. He’s the high street king and could really turn the business around.

1 Like

As I’m new to the stock market and have previously been eyeing up expensive shares like Amazon, I find it quite funny that today I bought shares In Debenhams for 2p each :joy:. Come on Mike Ashley, double my money for me.

4 Likes

Mike could still make a hostile takeover, I’m not giving up hope yet as I’m only 26% down! An improvement from earlier this week :rofl:.

2 Likes

Let’s hope this can happen

3 Likes

Not sure if the cash injection is bigger than his ego :thinking:

1 Like