Down Time Drivel

for a chromebook, itll probably do the job fairly well. but yeah, i wouldnt say less than those specs :smiley:

the arm chromebooks are supposed to be decent as well. ive i move all in on android i might get one

1 Like

Yeah I get that its average kit for a laptop…but for a chromebook its higher end …as its not weighed down by a big OS.

Like 800cc is underpowered in a car but a big motorbike engine :rofl:

Anyway, its plenty to do me for what I need :rofl: :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Sooooooo!

After all my bumming and blowing about my fancy new Chromebook!

This…

Screen fault!! Not even had it 12 hours :person_facepalming:

Getting a refund from the Jokers at Currys in the morning…maybe get a holiday or something more reliable instead :rofl:

1 Like

That sucks. How’s curry’s with returns?

1 Like

That’s annoying Bob!

I’d go Apple Mac refurb from the Apple Store (a little button right down the bottom of their web page).

I’ve never had a problem with Refurbs from Apple and their integration is phenomenal if you get an iPhone.

It’s a different price bracket but I’ve never been disappointed and they last forever (particularly MacBook Pros).

…… or a holiday. Holidays are good.

1 Like

Apples support is one of the big reasons keeping me with them. That I can walk in and get my phone fixed without sending things away to random third party ‘repair’ centres is such a huge plus

1 Like

I didn’t see any refurb m1 airs, but you can get them new for £860 at John Lewis or curry’s. M1 is an insane chip even now it bears most comparable systems

1 Like

Yep, I bought my partner an M1 MacBook Pro for her to edit videos on and it does a great job.

Support is amazing too. You can get phone support for pretty much any problem you can’t solve by RTFMing!

They were really good actually.

Typically the fault failed to replicate itself when i got there, but i was believed even before i insisted on showing the photographic evidence.

Full refund, no quibbles.

Cant fault that part of it :+1:

2 Likes

Bank Holiday weekend is here! :sunglasses:

My hope is that the weather is decent and the big game in Glasgow goes my way :rofl:

Have a good weekend folks … remember UK stock markets closed on Monday (US is open).

If you can, enjoy a well earned break :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Best film I’ve seen in a while. Well made and entertaining if you like a bit of mild threat and a chase through the woods :rofl:

Available on Netflix

IMDb: : Alone
Alone (2020) - IMDb

Is that a spoiler? :laughing:

1 Like

Thats the majority of the plot :rofl:

But its a lot better than most films of this type…worth a watch.

1 Like

Is this the place to talk about vacuum cleaners?

I’m looking at getting a Dyson handheld and wonder what others user experience is like?

I initially thought V10 as they are a lot cheaper but too many YouTube videos later the V15 is looking more attractive. We have hairy dogs, muddy boots and hard floors with the occasional rug. We live in an old flint cottage, so lots of wall areas for dust to collect and so we want something light and manoeuvrable.

I’ve been steering clear of Dyson copies because I understand many of them have problems - but what’s your experience?

1 Like

While I can vouch for my Dyson vacuum cleaner, I’ve had it for many years and it’s not a model they even sell any more. Big suction power but the drawback is that while it’s small, it’s pretty heavy (newer models are much more lightweight). I also have the handheld V7 Trigger (handy for car and for in-between proper cleaning). However, no pets and no muddy boots in the house, so probably not great feedback!

2 Likes

I don’t often hear this and Dyson in the same sentence in a positive light.

I’ve always found the suction on dysons lacking, and mine tended to break when using them for heavy use areas and with pets.

I go for bagged options now. Henry or Miele have always served me well

2 Likes

Maybe it’s a case that they just don’t make them like they used to! Suction power always drops when cordless, mine’s old school plugged into the socket.

1 Like

Thanks @weenie

I’ve got a mains powered Dyson DC03. Old school! It’s great on carpets but we don’t have any, so suspect a cordless will be of more use to us. Little and often is what we need and corded is not ideal for that.

The DC03 has done us pretty well over the years but is showing its age with insulating tape repair to the hose and lots of bumps and scratches.

1 Like

I think I would probably agree with you for carpets but as we want to just nip around with a handheld to get the latest clump of dog or cat hair tumble-weeding it’s way through the house, I recon we will find handheld better. Miele make some great kit. I’ll have a look and see if they do a handheld.

1 Like

£55 Bush pull-a-long from Argos :rofl:

But I’ve no pets and all hard floors.

Good luck with the research :+1:

1 Like