EMQQ Emerging Markets Internet & Ecommerce UCITS ETF - Accumulating (GBP) EMQP

This ETF tracks the peformance of e-commerce and internet businesses in emerging markets. Income is reinvested into the fund.

1 Like

Just wondering if EMQQ (EMQP) holders are holding on or buying the dip. Looks like a good long term opportunity considering the current price drop.

I only have a recent small holding. But I wish it wasn’t as China focused.

2 Likes

It has been -ve since March 2021.

I have a small allocation in my portfolio. They have a newer version FMQQ ex-China but it’s not on Freetrade yet

1 Like

As a general point: to anyone that reads this thread: don’t think that “ETF” means good. Be wary of any thematic ETF and only consider them in the light of your overall portfolio (see the FT thread on Passive Investment). Also note that many such ETF’s have been closed in the last year. There are many companies that come along and offer all sorts of ETF’s because they make money from it. Beware of companies that sell ETF’s against some, possibly newly invented, index. Ask yourself how the index is constructed. Be careful also about the volume traded - many of these ETF’s are not as liquid as the major ones: you might not be able to sell for the price you want at the time you want.

One more time to the less knowledgeable: you may come across the virtues of passive investing and in particular investing that tracks some major indices. Once you stray from this path you increase your risks. So know what you are doing. There are several disasters that you can google and find out about.

3 Likes

Half the point of passive investing is for a broad & wide portfolio but the other half is because they’re cheap. This isn’t the worst offender but at 0.86% is 4x higher than VWRL & 12x higher than VUSA.

1 Like

app link requested

its outperformed MSCI EM for the last 5 years and in 2021 outperformed by over 70%. so you can pay 60bps less and get a 60% worse return. It was actually the best performing EM fund (ETF, HF or MF) in the world last year. I know what I would prefer

its complete tosh to argue passive needs to be broad. The FAANGS make up over 70% of the US market. Apple was once worth more than the FTSE.

I agree these arent core exppsures but they definitely have a satellite approach similar to how sector products used to be and are often a much cheaper and better performing option to active etfs.

3 Likes

Oh please don’t confuse my point with this etf, it’s just something people need to be away of with these thematic ETF’s.

no problem. basically people should know what they are investing in and do their homework really

1 Like

Your company has not been selling it for 5 years :wink: only 3 yrs and 3 months i.e. from 02/10/2018). In 2021 it dropped by (using your own companies performance page) -32.98%.

1 Like

The US listed version is over 5 years old. not sure what your comment means or how not is relevant. Im sure you know the difference between an index and a product? Inception date in the US was Nov 2014 so plenty of history!

yeah correct. getting my years mixed up thinking it was still 2021. 2020 is the record year I meant

I’ll be looking at investing into this ETF until hopefully KWEB becomes available. Chinese companies will be on the rebound from the current lows.