[ENTIRE US MARKET OPEN 🇺🇸✅] 1st February 2021: Expect disruptions to US buy/sell orders today - what we’re doing to keep everything running

I’ve been charged for my Plus account, despite getting a message saying this wouldn’t happen this month due to the disruptions.

They said it would be a refund not a skipped payment.

3 Likes

You’re welcome. I had a feeling it would be something like that, but the screen shot helped massively!

1 Like

Ah that makes sense, although a little bit of a pain. Cheers.

Your welcome, It would of meant them cancelling your subscription and reinstating it next month otherwise which would be a pain for both parties, and they’ve got there hands full at the minute lol.

1 Like

I can’t sell nor buy any US related stocks… I have tried on both android and apple phone. I thought you mentioned you guys have solved the issue ?

1 Like

You should be able to sell. Buying will come later.

2 Likes

Thanks for the clear dialogue and work put in.

Can I ask the reasoning behind allowing certain stocks and not others?

The first post in the thread breaks this down, they have changed the way the data interacts and are rolling it out carefully to ensure customers are protected the only stock that will be available later is GME and AMC but this is on the FX provider not FT.

Later as in after all the other stock which isn’t volatile.

It’s the FX provider not FT.

I am able to buy US stocks that are on the list. Anyone having issues please try restarting the app, clearing cache etc.

EDIT: By on the list I mean the list in the top post of US shares that are enabled. Some are not yet enabled including Tesla.

2 Likes

It’s only certain US stock that is available right now, it’s a waiting game to see when what you want becomes available.

1 Like

I can’t buy none of these

1 Like

Interestingly they are stocks with long shorts on them.

2 Likes

Just sold some TSLA - not coming up in activity. How will i know when confirmed?

When I go into TSLA screen it shows correct number of shares after my sale but same value as before?

It sometimes needs a restart to update

1 Like

Same here

I don’t know how much faster you want withdrawals. I joined after close of business on friday and can withdraw today. I’m hugely impressed with the whole customer first ethic going on here, and am happy to keep my funds here and see what happens just from what I’ve seen going on over this weekend, rather than take them out and go elsewhere, as I was originally intending.
The fact that @Viktor is on the forum here dealing with user issues says so much for how Freetrade works, but I hope you get your issues speedily resolved, anyway. There’s an awful lot of stuff going on here, and we all have to remember that. No one is deliberately delaying anything :relaxed:

Sj

6 Likes

I just purchased a small amount of Canadian stock which said it went through but Is not showing up on this stock or activity.