[ENTIRE US MARKET OPEN 🇺🇸✅] 1st February 2021: Expect disruptions to US buy/sell orders today - what we’re doing to keep everything running

Is the UK regulator, the FCA, aware of the position being taken by FT and it’s FX provider? Surely this current position goes against treating customers fairly.

1 Like

There could be a delay with your order confirmation reaching you.

The issue wouldn’t be with FT only the FX provider.

Instant trades for US stocks seem to be queued for a bit and then processed successfully!!!

Pretty awesome work, FT team!:rocket:

2 Likes

I know - I just wondered whether FT could admit it is their bank (FX provider) blocking certain stocks for the banks hedge-fund friends.

Or, whether it’s genuinely a volume issue (I doubt very much as most stocks still available are some of the most active daily-traded stocks).

They wouldn’t go into that on here but other platforms using the same FX are having the same issues. There definitely is a huge influx of new trades which would be limiting all transactions.

I’m not able to sell any of my existing stock. The stock is currently showing at 0

Still can’t buy us though. No amc, no Nokia but other sites can. What’s going on?

Have you read the post at the top?

6 Likes

Reset your app, I have had that happen when the sale has gone through but the app doesn’t update.

Ok, just a matter of waiting then.

I’ve had buy orders for two stocks on the list at the top of the thread go through, 1 instantly, 1 that was pending for a few minutes. A sell order also went through after pending for a while. Good job getting things back up and running again. Hope you’ll be back to full capacity soon.

6 Likes

Wish I could buy GME right now. It’s on a fire sale.

7 Likes

Same, really gutted I can’t get in on the action right now

4 Likes

Absolutely terrible feeling. I understand the technical difficulties and not blaming anyone but when a service is built. I really wished all sorts of scenarios would have been considered.

2 Likes

Stay strong guys testing seems to be going well:

11 Likes

Only up 1300% in the last 30 days. What a bargain.

11 Likes

Only shorted past the amount of stock that exist what an interesting bargain

My initial stake was 90 shares @ $17.30 :joy:

1 Like

So why can’t I buy Tesla? Because it’s being shorted and rigged for sell only via your exchange parters? Pushing in favour of shorts and rigging the system…

HL is working! Why are you not!!

1 Like