Estimated valuation

Donā€™t forget when Draper invested 4 or 5 months after the Crowdfunding in 2019 they invested at the same price we did. Talks will have been ongoing for months (if there is another raise going to be announced) - so donā€™t assume the valuation is going to have a massive jump. You may have to wait another round for thatā€¦

7 Likes

The deal was agreed at the same time as the crowdfunding round it just wasnā€™t announced publicly until everything had been signed off. There was probably only 2 months between the Crowdcube money hitting Freetrades bank account and the official Series A announcement.

Thatā€™s literally my point.

At the time we were told that Draper had been in discussions with Freetrade while the crowdfund was happening and their investment was considered part of an extended round.

That isnā€™t the case this time, so Iā€™m expecting a nice increase. Not sure we will see Ā£300M+ like some have predicted but hopefully not a million miles off :+1:

2 Likes

Maybe they just havenā€™t told us this timeā€¦

It was explicitly stated that DE was not participating during the CC round

However this does not give any visibility on the valuation

I know. There are other VCā€™sā€¦

Iā€™d be as happy as the next person if there is a big jump in valuation. But in my opinion the last round seemedā€¦optimistic (perhaps why Draper didnā€™t invest again?)ā€¦we will have to wait and seeā€¦

The current balance of power is not the same as pre-series A. Would not apply the same logic. Would be disappointing to see the same valuation

3 Likes

I dont think its necessarily a good thing to have a very high valuation, it could make things more difficult when needing to raise money later on.

I actually think Freetradeā€™s valuations have been a tad conservative personally.

Absolutely no chance that the valuation stays the same for a Series B!!

4 Likes

How much would Freetrade be worth if it were to raise and go public through a SPACā€¦ :thinking: :rocket: maybe $IPOF is Freetrade :eyes:

7 Likes

Go big or go home!
Iā€™ll be happy with 10x from latest valuation in the next 2/3 years.
Everyone with a smartphone is gonna want to invest in stonks

1 Like

Would a SPAC make any difference to the eventual valuation compared to a traditional IPO? Might generate a bit of initial exuberance I suppose

Go Henry just announced a $40m Series B

6 Likes

It was more of a joke because itā€™s pretty much, SPAC season. Just look at Arrival, valued around $30bn right now with no real revenue. $IPOF raised a $1bn which has to go somewhere :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Being a bit more serious, itā€™s very unlikely that Freetrade would want to go public right now, given the extra disclosures, and reporting you have to to do.

But we can dream of a great exit, which we can park in the stock market and watch it compound whilst we are still young, for old age put towards a once in a lifetime trip to spaceā€¦

7 Likes

You are in a good mood today)

The sun is shining, covid is going William is chipping old people*

Only this many days until you know who falls through everyoneā€™s chimneyā€¦

ā€¦all I want is some hatching :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

*joke

5 Likes

Might be a good time to revisit this thread, given that SIPP has now launched, first hires for EU expansion are starting soon and Freetrade is seeing explosive growth.

I think a valuation north of Ā£300M is now fair value (Ā£310-320M if I had to take a stab at it).

Excited for news on a series B :star_struck:

5 Likes

I personally would like to hear about it after at least 400k users, preferably after 500k users, benefiting from the potential increase in assets due to SIPPs creations and transfers

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a fair point, the longer the wait the higher the valuation!

1 Like