Evraz - EVR - Share Chat

Its not just Putin,

They’re registered in the UK : and theres currently going to be asset grab on specific Russian nationals… This might just be limited to houses/bank accounts… but could go further.

Abramovich has already been touted by an MP (probably because he’s the most well known) but could any other of the directors be linked… - If so, what might this do to Evraz?

It aint just what Putin will do, its what Boris might do, and what the US/EU will do which then might extend things. (I’ve typed that making Boris look like the No1 guy… he isnt, he’ll get it wrong, & then reverse course to match what the EU/US does)

4 Likes

I’ve gone from being well in the green to being in the red, but I’m not thinking of “buying the dip”

The risk of something happening that causes it to crash even further is too high at this point. There may be a good buying opportunity if the situation stabilises but that’s not looking like it’s going to happen soon

2 Likes

38p per share dividend announced. I wonder if that has prompted todays increase

2 Likes

I was half expecting them to suspend the dividend, maybe others were as well

1 Like

I was definitely expecting them to

1 Like

Had a look around, is the ex dividend date the 3rd march 2022 ? Just wondering if anyone has come across anything different

Hi @Investment-decorting

Welcome welcome welcome :ocean:

If in doubt always search for a companies investor relations page. For Evras I’ve found this

https://www.evraz.com/en/investors/shareholders/dividends/

Helpfully they haven’t listed the ex dividend day, maybe they’ve got their hands full?

An ex dividend date is typically 2-3 working days before the record date (trades take time to settle).

With everything going on at the moment I would advise caution with this company - it’s almost impossible to value given its headwinds and the fact it’s spun off the coal business to the Russian exchange.

The two dividend sites I use and trust can’t agree either

1 Like

The Annnual report indicates that the date of record is the 11th, so it looks like the 10th will be the record date.

1 Like

Have heard it’s meant to be 0.50p dividend per share but that still doesn’t help with what’s it’s lost in last 2 weeks :man_facepalming:

Maybe it was $0.50 a share not £p

1 Like

Yep USD not GBP. It’s the base currency for commodities. It’ll be about 37p give or take.

2 Likes

Will it stop going down?

I don’t believe it can go into minus numbers so it should stop eventually.

4 Likes

@Bagshaw I should have listened to you :rofl:

You warned me after I said ‘Just stuck £500 in, I think this is a bargain due to geopolitical issues and should be a money maker.’

Portfolio is still green though - yay to diversification!

1 Like

Is it right to think you only lose if you sell. Freetrade won’t close my orders if I go under a certain percentage?

1 Like

Freetrade won’t close your positions, unless it got delisted or something

2 Likes

:man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

Can a bottle of tears be sold to cover the losses? Asking for a friend :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

I take the long term view on Evraz. The price is ONLY dropping because of the war. When the conflict is over, (and one way or another it will end eventually), and the world gets back to “normal”, then the price will creep back up.

It’s sad, but in 10 years time, people will hardly give a thought about this conflict, the same as they don’t think about, Afghanistan, Syria, Iraq, Libya or Kuwait anymore

4 Likes

Is it possible that because of the drastic downturn in the share price the company could cancel the dividend?

1 Like