☑[Feature Request 🔧] Autopilot 🤖 (Automatic investment)

3 Likes

There’s already a thread for this

1 Like

Any updates on incorporating DRIP into the app experience?! This will certainly be a long time coming…

1 Like

Any update on this?

1 Like

Yh - It been quite some time now, its there any update on it

1 Like

This would be a great feature to have. Any update on this?

2 Likes

Hi

As a long(er) term value investor (as opposed to trader), I am keen to streamline investment activity so that every month/week/day transactions are executed automatically allocated to selected shares in the portfolio. Can this feature be added to your platform?

Many thanks

1 Like

A toggle option to automatically reinvest dividends in the dividend paying stock

1 Like

One day this will come :frowning: - I guess fractional UK ETF’s and Stocks is the big hold up here?

1 Like

I hope they can deliver this feature this year but seems very unlikely

HL do this without fractionals, It just buys as many full shares as it can. If it can’t afford a share the money builds up until it can.

It would be far better with fractionals, but it’s not impossible without

4 Likes

I recommend having an occasional look at the Freetrade careers section, the closest we have to a roadmap. :wink:

1 Like

Does anyone think that an option for the dividend payment to be automatically reinvested is a good idea? Compund interest and all that…

Hi @BentheMann

Firstly welcome to the community :ocean:

This is already a thread for this topic here ☑[Feature Request 🔧] Autopilot 🤖 (Automatic investment) - #81 by BentheMann

It’s a feature that will come but requires fraction UK shares to be shipped first. It’ll be called Autopilot

1 Like

Hello @NeilB

Thank you for the introduction and welcome and for highlighting this. Do you know when autopilot intends to go live?

All the best,

Ben

1 Like

You’re welcome. I hope you stick around and find this place a useful tool in your investing / wealth building journey.

Nothing has been mentioned about it yet, the EU roll out has taken primary focus but with that going well we’re hoping for good news.

How about an AMA / Community meet up @Freetrade_Team @Viktor @adam :wink:

1 Like

How is automatic dividend reinvestment still not available? This post/request has been ongoing since 2018! Literally all investment platforms provide this as a basic feature, come on gang let’s speed this up please.

9 Likes

Hi people,

I’m Francis - I joined Freetrade 2 months ago as Product Manager for our newly-formed Corporate Actions squad. :wave:

We’ll be working on building support for you to participate in voluntary corporate actions on your shares (Open Offers, Tender Offers, Rights Issues etc.) as well as improvements to the dividend experience. We’re currently focused on work to support the European rollout.

We understand automatic dividend reinvestment is important to you all. There are some underlying technical improvements we’ll need to make to dividend processing before we could start on this so I can’t give timelines at this stage. But please rest assured that when we get round to improving dividends this will be one of the top items on the list.

Appreciate your patience so far :pray:

16 Likes

Sadly this year my ISA money is going elsewhere.

I want to set a sum, decide where I want to invest it and on what schedule then forget about it.

Basic stuff for an ‘investing’ app and been continually requested ( and ignored ) for years.

8 Likes

For someone who doesn’t know anything about building features, I’d love to know what’s the problem, or is it just not high enough on the list.

1 Like