☑[Feature Request 🔧] Autopilot 🤖 (Automatic investment)

Just to put this out there - I would pay for Plus if this was a feature.
I cancelled Plus as it’s just not worth it for what it currently offers.

12 Likes

I’d agree with this. I would pay for this and I know a lot of friends and family on here who would agree

5 Likes

HL has a version of this too. I agree it’d be really nice.

I think instead of fiddling with manually editing percentages it’d be nice if this had sliders for each asset that you could move to increase allocation (which would decrease others).

It’d also be nice if freetrade could score the user’s allocation somehow for sector diversification, market diversification, market cap, and other risk factors so that they have some guidance about the choices they make.

I wish this was on the Christmas list

1 Like

I suggested something that could be considered a workaround until we have an auto invest feature.

https://community.freetrade.io/t/feature-request-buy-order-percentage-allocation/30152/2

This would be relatively easy to implement and would allow us to buy in percentage of our available balance rather than specifying an amount of cash to spend on the order.

They have to develop UK fractional shares before they implement the auto-invest otherwise it wouldn’t work properly and depending on the stock price you could get rounded down a lot and then the % allocation would not be right.

2 Likes

I wonder if this will make the roadmap…

I’d quite like be able to top up and then buy into all my existing stocks in roughly the same proportions as they are now in a quick and easy way. I see it would be a bit complex with UK whole shares but just a thought.

Thanks. Added my vote.

1 Like

voted

I’m a bit late sharing this and we may or may not be thinking of providing exactly what’s been requested here but we mentioned in Our plans for 2019 blog post that -

And if you think your portfolio could be better, we’ll even have automation options to assist you in your investing journey.

so we’re heading in the right direction :robot:

What direction is it you are heading in?? AND what is the ETA to the destination. This post was created 2 1/2 years ago for goodness sake.

3 Likes

Given that the same blog post mentions European expansion which is imminent, I’m expecting this year!

Did you get access to the latest AMA? I think it could be a H2 release

2 Likes

I think this would be a great time to capture the market share of trade 212 if you could implement this quickly. Trade 212 new customer sign up have stopped since End of Jan and this would be a great opportunity for Freetrade. I’ve been waiting on priorty list for trade 212 if Free trade was to offer this I would sign up today.

Wow this topic has been discussed 2 years ago and still not implemented.

"I think this would be a great time to capture the market share of trade 212 if you could implement this quickly. Trade 212 new customer sign up have stopped since End of Jan and this would be a great opportunity for Freetrade. I’ve been waiting on priorty list for trade 212 if Free trade was to offer this I would sign up today.

1 Like

Only 144 votes no wonder Developers have push this to back of queue.

Well its the 5th most requested if you don’t consider those that have been done.

Apparently, a major hurdle is that as its not possible to have UK fractional shares, the allocation would not be perfect.

It would be really good if in the meantime they released it anyway with UK shares rounded down to the nearest number (possibly zero in certain cases) rather than waiting for UK fractionals to be a thing, instead of releasing pies/autoinvest only when all featureas are available

Have you considered this? @simonpoole

many thanks
BTY

4 Likes

The thing I don’t get is how can Trade 212 can implement and Free trade can’t? if UK fractional shares wasn’t possible?

2 Likes

Where there’s a will there’s a way??. Why not offer Autoinvest with US shares to begin with @adam @Viktor I hope it’s not going to be another 2 1/2 years

2 Likes

Having perfect allocation doesn’t entirely matter anyway because they would become unbalanced rather quickly. Also most UK shares are cheap on an absolute basis (not talking about valuation).

I think the main reason it hasn’t been done yet is they’re focussed on EU expansion and better stock universe - a mistake in my personal opinion.

3 Likes