[Feature Request] Dividend Calendar 💵 📆

I think it would be useful if we had some sort of personalised dividend calendar with ex dates and payment dates, populated based on my holdings, and on my watch list. Would this be possible?

Yes.
How would it ‘not’ be possible?
Take data. Mangle data. Output data.
It’s a matter of priorities.
Since dividend data is a recurring theme on this forum you have to think it’s a high priority and coming soon.
Otherwise punch it in to a spreadsheet or any website you can find that does this kind of thing - webull, dividend max etc…
Failing that I’ll build it for you via a portfolio upload - honestly, a working prototype with 99% accuracy should take me a few hours to build from scratch. Admittedly that’s not the in-app solution you’re looking for but it’s a gap filler and proof it ‘is’ possible. In fact it’s fairly easy - at its absolute base level. Making it sit nicely in the app and look pretty and useable… that’s not my forte. FT will do that for you.

Drop me a mail if you’d like me to build something for you. I can probably spare the time. :wink:

5 Likes

This would be great. :+1:

2 Likes

Can we get some more votes on this people. This is a great idea! It’s an absolute pest having to manually keep up to date with when dividends are due or go and refer to another website like Dividendmax etc, all we need is another tab in the insights section

I used to write this every week. Would love to keep doing it but can’t do it for free given the work required.

5 Likes

Yes I remember! That was brilliant! I don’t think it would be too hard for the software engineers to write some code into the insight bar so we can see our individual dividend due dates and how much we are due. Maybe this could be incorporated into the auto reinvest feature people have been asking for as well

2 Likes

Would like to see this feature

3 Likes

Not a complaint at all but more a suggestion/idea. Wouldn’t it be bloody awesome if FT built a calendar in the app that had the upcoming dividends you would get? All on 1 page working out what you would get and when. Put into plus as a paid option, I reckon that would be a real incentive for some to pay for it and save money for those who pay elsewhere to get this information.

They must be close to having all the info now that they have added the new functions which are a very good improvement. This idea though would be excellent.

8 Likes

I had a zoom call with @Greig who is the lead user researcher at Freetrade. While I was sworn to secrecy, by the pain of death, I’m sure Greig won’t mind me telling you that better dividend information is in the early stages but being worked on.

I don’t suppose you’re ready to tip your hand, are you @Greig?

9 Likes

I’ll give you credit, Neil, you lasted a few weeks. :sweat_smile:
Thanks for the suggestion, @Big-g. Neil is right, there is more dividend info coming that the team are working on. I don’t want to steal anyone’s thunder on this one (@Rafael) so I’ll just say watch this space for now. :eyes:

11 Likes

looking forward to your next updates, thanks for sharing

2 Likes

Just in case anybody missed it, I shared a sneak peek into some of the work that @NeilB is referring to. Keen to see this Feature Request thread develop. MEGATHREAD: Stock fundamentals 📊 - #99 by Rafael

1 Like

i noticed dividends received appearing in the stock recent activity section today. dont remember them there before, seems things are moving behind the scenes now :+1:

3 Likes

Apple or Android? I haven’t seen them yet.
Thanks for sharing!

apple

2 Likes

Looks Great :smile: , thanks for sharing. When is this likely to be rolled out to Android?

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Automatic reinvestment of dividends

Hi everyone, little update on dividend events:

8 Likes

I take it this feature isn’t available for those on the Basic plan? As my FT app updated this morning and I can’t see that yet

1 Like

I love the new dividend feature, great useful information :slight_smile: