[Feature Request 🔧] Filter by Price

Hi, please add the option to filter the list of stocks in the app by lowest to highest.

What’s the reasoning behind this feature? The per-share price is not meaningful enough to add this feature in my opinion.

The cost of a company is represented by it’s market cap. The share price is simply the market cap divided by the number of shares issued.

For example, a company could have a £1 share price and 10 million shares. It’s market cap is £10m. It would cost £10m to buy all the shares.
Another could have a share price of 2p but 5 billion shares. It’s market cap is £100m.

In the above example, 2p vs £1 is not comparing the size or cost of the company.

If your simply looking for shares you can afford, that won’t be a problem with the imminent release of fractional shares (https://link.medium.com/kKpuT4Nmh3).

7 Likes

I agree that there needs to be a mechanism to search for shares that one can literally afford. When I have a friend sign up I recommend them to put £10 in their account and just buy some shares they find interesting, but there’s no easy way to find the low value shares.

Depends when the fractional shares are launched.

4 Likes

Have a look at the fractional shares feature (https://link.medium.com/kKpuT4Nmh3) that is coming really soon. Basically, if you have £10 to spend, you will be able to buy £10 of anything, regardless of the share price. Unless you’re super interested in holding whole numbers of shares, this eliminates the problem.

4 Likes

Of course, sorting and filtering is nice, and this is probably possible. I’m just offering alternatives.

1 Like

I would prefer if there was more options than alphabetical as it unduly weights companies.

Thanks, I know it’s in development. Just not sure when it’s launching.

Or you want to avoid/minimize counterparty risk.

Hi all, we’ll look to add features like A-Z, price filters etc in future.

For now we’re focused on delivering fractionals, which should help in terms of finding shares of any value to invest in. :pizza:

2 Likes

Thanks, that’s great :+1: but filtering would be great too please :grinning:

1 Like

There is a good thread about this over here: Administering fractional shares

More information will come out closer to the release too.