[Feature request 🔨] Search Filters

It would be great to be able to search for stock/ETFs based on metrics like Market Cap, Dividend payout, PE ratio etc. Then be able to sort the results into order. Rather having to search through teach stock for combinations I’m looking for.

For example, if I’m looking for stocks with a Market Cap over 10B, a dividend between 2-4%, and a PE ration less than 30, I’d love to be able to search for just that. Anyone else?

I’m not sure if this has already been said but more filter options, so if I wanted a UK stock for a company below a billion market cap that paid dividens I would be able to filter for that.

Or large cap US company with a share price below $150 per share I would be able to filter for that.

Right now I can only filter UK and stock but nothing further unless I’m missing something?

I’m not sure if this has already been said but more filter options, so if I wanted a UK stock for a company below a billion market cap that paid dividens I would be able to filter for that.

Or large cap US company with a share price below $150 per share I would be able to filter for that.

Right now I can only filter UK and stock but nothing further unless I’m missing something?

Welcome to the forum.

It absolutely has. You should always search before posting a new topic, as things like this have been covered a lot. When that happens, it creates extra admin work. Merging topics and such.

Of the many idea posts covering filters, the link below seems to match yours fairly closely.

1 Like

In the last month or so we have had well over 100 messages that didn’t to be put out. Most are probably genuinely as people don’t know due to being new. If only we had a way of letting people know to avoid all this :thinking:

Could the app in future development have filter options added.

Have seen a lot of threads of requests for specifics, where if filters was available would solve many of these requests.

Examples:
Filter portfolio for just US or UK stocks
Filter option for Value of stocks available I.e. Under a certain value to buy, especially UK stocks which cannot currently be brought as a fractional
Filter stocks for % increase / decrease in value
Filter Activity for Dividends received, Stock Bought or Sold etc

Sure many other examples available, this is just my thoughts at this hour of the day!!

This, plus a a filter in Discover to sort on dividends ascending and descending.

3 Likes

On the discover function could you add the following options:

1. Sort by price
  2. Filter by if pays a dividend yield

Thanks

Hi :wave:
Please use the search functionality before creating topics. You’ll find that most ideas have been suggested before. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It would be useful to be able to filter in Discover - mcap, stock price, LSE/AIM/NYSE…

Or provide links to pre sorted stocks (mcap range, SP, which stock exchange).

At the moment, the only way to find new stocks is to put in a name and hope that it’s on freetrade (it usually isn’t!)

I wish the app has more filters as I use the search ( discover) it. For example search according to the country or searching according to the high to low performance in max , in a year, in a month, in a week or in a day. Also according to categories. I wish the app has these features, it would have made our life much easier.

This isn’t the first time such a thing has been suggested. See the idea below and feel free to vote on it. Granted, it’s not exactly the same, but the idea of more filters in Discover isn’t new. More votes on less ideas helps the team prioritise based on what’s most requested.

1 Like

Agree.

Even things like “most searched for” or “hot keywords”.

There’s so many stocks but discovering them is a bit of minefield.

Like that NNOX, never would have even known about had I not searched for “xray companies”.

1 Like

:ok_hand: thanks for your support, I hope this gets enough votes to be added to the app.

Hi Everyone,

I think it will be a good idea to add more filters on Discovery. Splitting stocks by US and UK is okay for now but when Invest by Freetrade is launched, having these two main filters only will make it hard to skim through thousands of stocks.

Maybe we can add secondary filters by sectors? This article does a good job at explaining the different sectors (The 11 Sectors of the Stock Market ).

Let me know what you think!

Kind Regards,

Monwar

Also, I guess fractional shares are coming soon? But it would be useful to be able to search by value. Maybe not worth putting in this feature as it will be redundant when fractionals lauch.

However a few people I’ve invited just put in £10 and then say how can I find what I can actually buy for this.

Hi all Freetraders,

I think this will mostly come down to opinion more than anything but personally I’d much prefer to having stocks and ETFs in my portfolio split into two lists. Rather than one whole list.

I know that is a minor/aesthetic thing so it would be low down on the priority list. However, I think it would be good to see what ideas people have for how Freetrade could sort or filter your portfolio screen in the (hopefully) near future.

There are lots of useful ways I would like to filter and sort my list of investments. A few off the top of my head.

Filter by: Currency, Currently open market, Category
Sort by: Return %, Return Amount, Day/Week/Month change, Alphabetical by name or symbol, Date of first or most recent buy

1 Like

Sorting/filtering on the main Portfolio tab is greatly needed. We can view our Investments and Watchlist and that’s it.

I would like options enabling me to sort from high to low etc. amount of shares, value, return percentage increase/decrease, etc.

1 Like

Would be great to sort my investments by return%ÂŁ stock or fund name ascending/descending etc