Filters in Discover are now available for everyone šŸŽš

Really niceā€¦ top work!

2 Likes

ā€œIndex ETFsā€ work better than I thought it would :sweat_smile:

Just a small thing. Itā€™s not obvious that there are more filters after the ā€œBond ETFsā€ filter

Definitely better than saying ā€œExchange Traded Funā€¦ā€ :+1:

Itā€™s a bit silly at the moment on android that tapping a second filter means youā€™ve selected two filters, as no two filters actually apply to anything!

Edit: sorry, missed UK US off screen. Still, a bit silly to be able to select meaningless combinations

1 Like

There are some combinations that donā€™t return anything when combined but UK + Index ETFs works

Similarly UK or US with Stocks would work

2 Likes

Love it! Only suggestion would be to have some sort of indication that there are other filters off screen for those whose screens donā€™t show anything, either via ā€œā€¦ā€ or a small :> arrow. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I havenā€™t read every message in this thread, but it doesnā€™t make sense to have ā€˜UKā€™ and ā€˜USā€™ as individually selectable options, they should be exclusive options, i.e. a dropdown menu. There is no instance where the user would want to select both at the same time.

Same goes for ā€˜Stocksā€™ and 'ETFā€™s. Thatā€™s like saying is your pet a:
Cat - yes
Dog - no

as opposed to is is your pet a cat/dog/neither.

1 Like

Prices not dispalyed in the discovery tap. App is up to dateā€¦

Hi @jani I think there should be a Filter for ā€œTrustsā€, which will add value to the ā€˜discoveryā€™ experience of new investors in particular imho. There are more of Trusts than ETFs in the app currently yet the only way to isolate them is to specifically search for the term:

Could this be a quick iteration in January for your team?

11 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! Weā€™ll be looking into adding something to display trusts in a clear way! :ok_hand:

2 Likes

This is lush :heart_eyes:

34 Likes

Glad you like it :smile:

Are there any other filters that youā€™d like us to add in the future?

2 Likes

Not for me personally but I see a few people chasing dividend paying stocksā€¦ So maybe a filter for this?

14 Likes

Filter by price would be handy and by sector

8 Likes

By price would be great! A min-max sliding scale.

3 Likes

Itā€™s useful, but I would argue itā€™s pretty much a hygiene factor if you offer more than 300 funds and ETFs.

I get that we need to sort out the hygiene stuff, but ultimately you filter because you are looking for investment ideas (i.e. the job-to-be-done), and in that respect it does not help that much.

It would be more useful if could filter on things like price, price fluctuation, amount of buy or sell recommendations from analysts in the last week or 30 days, top price target from analysts, news sentiment, social media sentiment, etc.

TipRanks app does quite a decent job at this if you need inspiration. Now, I get that these types of metrics and filters are much more difficult to do, and you got a long back-log to work towards to (with investment platform and EU expansion as more pressing items), but I would hope that on the longer term we will get more mechanisms and filters to really help us find investment ideas, rather than some basic filters.

Not being critical of what you did here, just trying to articulate what I would really value over time.

4 Likes

Iā€™d argue against all of these. Analysts arenā€™t always right, news is often biased and social media tends to blindly follow each other

6 Likes

This is a great start! I think a few explicit filters like these for the really popular areas (and some cost type sorting as suggested) are great. What I think would be amazing is some more dynamic searching built in. E.g. ā€˜ethicalā€™, ā€˜constructionā€™, ā€˜dividendā€™ etc. Iā€™m thinking something like google photos but maybe not quite as advanced.

You could even let users add their own meta data to stocks that they can search and filter with e.g. ā€˜watchā€™, ā€˜kidsā€™, ā€˜riskyā€™ or our own non conventional stock categories ā€˜great CEOā€™, ā€˜cloud techā€™ etc.

Great work!

6 Likes

This looks excellent.

Also some great ideas here Jeff. If users could add tags and autocomplete those in the search bar to show a lozenge that would be really useful. Obviously the lozenges shown have to be limited but if you could autocomplete there could be unlimited options (maybe different colour for user tags?).

1 Like

@Jeff & @Marsares Thanks for the feedback and all the ideas :blush: We are working on delivering more filter attributes (including some of your suggestions) on top of the ones you see in the example.

We have introduced a team here to work on discovery and insights to make investing easier for everyone and give you the tools to manage your portfolio, this being one of the first features weā€™ll push out. The initial version will be as showcased above but this space will be ever involving as we strive to make discoverability as seamless as possible :muscle: Do stay tuned as we have some exciting changes coming up to improve your experience.

Keep the recommendations coming as everything will be taken into consideration when we add filters, etc. Thanks all! :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Agreed, these kinds of things are meaningless fluff that would waste room in the app.

To paraphrase a famous quote I canā€™t find right now, an analyst is someone who explains why their prior predictions were wrong.

2 Likes