Foresight Sustainable Forestry Co 🌲🌲 - FSF

There is a wide spread at the moment which usually means that Freetrade won’t execute the order for you.

Bid 94.00 x N/A
Ask 97.00 x N/A

Also on 45 shares have been traded so far. If you’re a :freetrade: :plus_: user then setting a limit buy will likely be the best option.

@NeilB I’m in with a small holding. Will top up when the next opportunity comes.:grin:

1 Like

Not much has happened with this recently, it’s pretty much back to the IPO price which is good to see. Most of the funds raised have been deployed 91% deployed. This still makes up 6% of my holdings, fingers crossed this grows slowly and steadily. I really like this as a great alternative investment.

1 Like

Nice write up. I’m not invested but interring to see that they’ve committed 33% to afforestation (non planted land with which they’ll begin planting). This will be a longer term side to the business I assume?

1 Like
1 Like

@NeilB to your earlier question, the RNS @Jamie_B posted has some info: measured by nav they’re currently at 36% afforestation/64% existing, and aiming for 40-50% afforestation. (I’d guess they’re not targeting 75% or 100% afforestation due to future cashflow needs, maybe.)

3 Likes

According to trust watch news FSF is now quite expensive, having moved to a premium of over 4.5%. While nice from a shareholders point of view, I would definitely not add to it right now, in fact I took some small profits.

1 Like

Interim Results:
https://www.londonstockexchange.com/news-article/FSF/interim-results-to-31-march-2022/15493441

3 Likes

Nice update. 100,000 tonnes of planned timber production this year is about £8m based on latest prices. They also mentioned they have a run of stream hydro station and looking into more renewable projects as well as glamping. Seems theres plenty of diverse income so as not to be reliant on carbon credits or land appreciation.

3 Likes