Freetrade Investor Business Update

Yup, itā€™s a whole heap of nothing much, but @GMCay can probably explain it better.

1 Like

@Viktor can we still expect this today? Investor communication has been really poor lately and giving us false hope like this just makes it more frustrating. I really donā€™t want to wait another weekend. Please help us to get excited about what has been achieved lately and what is to come.

18 Likes

So BEFORE Saturday then?

1 Like

The company issued some G Ordinary Shares that will be awarded to the management if the exit value is over Ā£357,997,590 (G Hurdle). Meaning if the exit value is less than Ā£357m the G shares have no value

1 Like

This doesnā€™t sound like itā€™s in shareholder interests tbh. If the company exits above something like half its current value then the directors get rewarded? Iā€™d expect it to be aligned with an improvement. Not a fan of setting a low bar. Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

8 Likes

It is not unusual that the Boards of companies award additional shares to Founders based on exit outcome.

Maybe Freetrade Board should have disclose this event (G shares) to all the shareholders, but probably by governance that do not have any obligation for disclosureā€¦

At the current rate of development, I think theyā€™ve set the bar really high here.

5 Likes

@hookedinvesting Dude?!?!?! Seriously! >shaking my damn head<

Iā€™ll leave this here for the FT trade team.

3 Likes

G shares were added to the Memo & Arts in November you should have seen that in the previous filing.

Also, I am not sure how you determined these are for management only. They are for all employees and their purpose is to align their interests with those of us shareholders - the ultimate growth in the value of Freetrade. They were issued so Freetrade could retain and attract top talent.

We have got to stop picking apart ever decision that is made as if you know better. Either you trust the management team and the board to make the right decision or you donā€™t. So far it looks like they have done so much in the best interests of shareholders. Let them keeping doing so.

11 Likes

Also, I am not sure how you determined these are for management only. They are for all employees and their purpose is to align their interests with those of us shareholders - the ultimate growth in the value of Freetrade. They were issued so Freetrade could retain and attract top talent.

G shares (Growth Shares) are issues for founders/Board members only. Usually companies issue them to funders or Board Members after the Series B/C.

As an investor, I can tell you that in the last 12 months both Moneybox and JustPark issued those type of shares.

However JustPark have the decency to ask the shareholder to vote about thisā€¦

There is nothing bad about itā€¦I think they can incentive the management team

1 Like

The big news item in the email is ā˜‘ [Feature Request šŸ”§] Desktop/Web Interface

4 Likes

We have got to stop picking apart ever decision that is made as if you know better. Either you trust the management team and the board to make the right decision or you donā€™t. So far it looks like they have done so much in the best interests of shareholders. Let them keeping doing so.

Thats your opinionā€¦So why you write on the forum? Just seat, enjoy your investment and wait for the returnā€¦

Freetrade did ask voting shareholders to vote on it.

2 Likes

Can you evidence this please. Happy to be proven wrong. Just trying to stop miss information.

2 Likes

Ok! A web interface, the newsletter was worth the wait! Personally Iā€™m happy with the phone and iPad apps but Iā€™m glad this feature is here for those who need itā€¦ and all at the low monthly cost which is the same as a single trade on AJ Hell.

Iā€™ve dropped Plus for now as I canā€™t afford to put it to good use or save in an ISA. Everything I have is going into a LISA at the moment but as soon as FT introduce them Iā€™ll be straight back over to paying for Plus and the LISA subscription fee.

10 Likes

So they have been busy working web interface is a highly requested feature. :+1:

3 Likes

Hang on, what have I missed? Is there an update email?

Hallelujah :raised_hands:

2 Likes

mind to share some KPI stats?

1 Like

Yeah, there was a quarterly update email from Freetrade