Freetrade’s CrowdCube Fundraise

Hi Fabian, good question and something I hope all our investors understand.

“Series X shares” typically refer to preference shares issued in a single funding round. They may have many special rights with probably the most common being first claim on the proceeds of any sale, aka liquidity preference. We don’t have any preference shares, just ordinary shares.

That means in the event of an acquisition or IPO the proceeds would be distributed equally among all shareholders, regardless of when they acquired their shares.

What we do have is a dual class structure. Everyone has either A class or B class shares, or some of both. The important differences are that B class do not have voting rights or pre-emption rights.

Pre-emption rights mean that you have the right to participate in any future funding rounds on the same terms as the other investors in that round, up to your current shareholding percentage. You get to join the party, even if it is a VC round. :confetti_ball:

7 Likes

I think ive found the answer 3 days after the 30th of May. Really hoping I can get a chance to buy.

@adam this might be a difficult question, but going to ask it none the less, how much equity has the management team bought into? I know @Viktor has quite a bit based on his interview, but its always good to hear about alignment of interests. Anyway, im not sure if you want to answer or can answer this here? :+1:t4:

1 Like

Hi @chonkie, we’re contacting investors on a first come first served basis when they have registered their interest, and will give them instructions to make the investment by the 30th May at 5pm

1 Like

:+1:t4: thanks allot

:newspaper_roll::newspaper:

8 Likes

This might interest you: IMPORTANT: Very last chance to invest in Freetrade! We’re working with Crowdcube to swap in investments faster.

Stock options are a significant part of everyone’s compensation, which is quite unusual for Europe - we give the same level of stock options as startups in California. So yeah, we are all 100% aligned! :100::+1:

1 Like

Only one inaccuracy in the article: “currently waivers fees for portfolios under £10,000” - not true, all portfolio sizes are free. We’re getting it fixed.

6 Likes

In that case, you may also want to fix this article written last year :face_with_monocle::

Millennials to be wooed by commission-free stockbroking app:Subscribe to read | Financial Times

1 Like

How long after Crowdcube funds are collected will it be when we get our EIS forms?

Those pesky millennials!

Several months based on previous rounds - we’ll update you when we know more!

Hi Hannah - is this funding again? I can’t seem to access the Freetrade page on Crowdcube. It seems to suggest I might have gone off course.

1 Like

The funding is closed but as people drop off during the cooling off period, you still have your chance to invest before 30.05.18:

1 Like

Thanks for the response. Something seems to be wrong on the Crowdcube site - I cant seem to access the free trade pitch at all - whether from my account/portfolio page or direct.

Hey - this is normal. Crowdcube have to close the page to enact groups of swap ins. It’ll re-open for people to express interest at 5pm today. We’ll send an alert then too via email.

Follow the updates on this thread.

Once again final deadline to swap in is 9am May 29th (Tuesday)

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: IMPORTANT: If you didn’t get to invest on Crowdcube

Thanks @Freetrade_Team. All makes sense now.

@Hannah, I’ve participated in the round, been told that I’m getting A shares, but haven’t really heard from Crowdcube re payment/funding etc.

@HannahCrowdcube could you dm @Pony1982 also?

1 Like

Hello @Pony1982, please can you pop us an email to support@crowdcube.com and I’ll get our completions team to look into this

1 Like

@freetrade_team I have invested in this Crowdcube round. I am trying to download the investor deck but unable to access it on the pitch page as the link seems broken. Can you point me to the investor deck on Freetrade website or elsewhere. Need that information so that I can review it in details.