Freetrade share price 📈

Its about the resilience of the platform and their ability to deliver reliable services during turbulent periods. I recently had a sell order that took three weeks to settle. I can guarantee you that is not something a high net worth person would view as acceptable. The GME episode also put them under huge strain that highlighted areas they lacked resilience. The £25k sell limit is another factor that would put off the big timers and they would probably want to see more tools to optimise trading. If you have a PF over £1M a missed opportunity waiting for your trades to settle or having to put £25k orders through multiple times is going to cost a lot more the savings from Freetrade’s lower fees approach. There are also a lot of stocks I like that are still not available on the platform. I love the company and the progress has been incredible but that’s the way I see it based on my own experience. They are still not far off MVP stage with room for improvement.

5 Likes

You’re referencing problems that I have not had to think about just yet haha. So in fairness, maybe if FT haven’t sorted out these issues by the time I’m in a position of making £25k+ trades at a time, then I’ll need to rethink who my brokerage is.

In that case, I do intend to keep all my accounts with Freetrade on the assumption they continue to release new features and improve the limitations of the platform for things like the £25k trade limit and the inability to call the service desk. (I’m hoping that FT have lots more to offer people with larger amounts of wealth by the time I get there).

I’m hopeful that in 3-5 years time these issues won’t exist anymore and then my point of view can be shared with many more users.

1 Like

In my opinion I don’t think Freetrade are aiming for this type of customers just yet though. Their primary goal is to make investing as easy as possible and starting up as easy as possible, which they do very well imo.

I would definitely recommend Freetrade to anyone just starting out in investing and I think that’s their main goal.

Maybe they will implement more functionality down the line when they have more markets covered and so on.

1 Like

No big timers are worried about the 25k price sell limit, because there are no shares on the freetrade platform which would hit the limit, nor will there be, it’s a purely theoretical concern based on conspiracy theories about meme stocks.

You may be thinking of the 10k buy/sell limit, which is a hassle for people making larger trades, and hopefully will be fixed at some point soon. Personally I don’t think they’re missing much for larger holders, that 10k limit on trades is the biggest problem (splitting larger trades into blocks of 9k ish), that and a few other features like employer SIPP contributions, access to more markets, more sophisticated limit orders etc.

They do need to get back on track with development though, which seems to have stalled in the last year.

4 Likes

Completely agree with that but if they are going to be successful (and profitable) they will need to keep the small number of investors who have success on the platform. Some fortunes have been made on things like Argo blockchain, GME and Tesla. I agree they will likely solve these teething problems in due course but it’s a factor if we want Freetrade to have a valuations in line with Interactive Investors.

1 Like

Yes, I should have been clearer there, the £25k sell limit is for US stocks. It’s even lower for UK stocks as you say.

I guess Freetrade will be able to keep track of this and it’s only a problem if they start to get transfer requests coming in from their large accounts. Im going purely off my own experience which is hopefully just an isolated case but account size does link to valuation which is why I made the inital point.

You would hit the limit with 10 Amazon shares. If you wanted to sell 100 Amazon shares it would be a bit of a pain

I’ve seen a few screenshots where someone has made a massive profit by buying something like Argo before it started it’s big run up. They can’t sell all in one transaction. It’s a nice problem to have but it’s not correct to assume no one on Freetrade is affected

5 Likes

I thought this was a limit on the price of shares on the platform related to meme stock holders worrying about shares being priced over 25k each as in this thread, but realise now the OP meant the per-transaction limit on US stocks of 25k, yes absolutely that could be a pain if you had a lot of money in freetrade, as the 10k UK transaction limit is, though a bit less likely for people to hit it, that’s going to be quite rare.

Thanks for the correction both.

I remember that argo person, who also managed to time the top in Argo almost perfectly, I do hope they managed to sell it all in time.

This aged well :eyes:

8 Likes

That is very accurate! If it continues to be that accurate then this time next year!

2 Likes

Hi @danbeddows I’m emailing from a SPAC, would you consider taking Performance Velocity public? You don’t really need a business plan as we’re planning on dumping our stock before anyone notices - you can too.

6 Likes

Sounds good to me. If we target an IPO @ £2bn we can figure out the rest of the details later. We just need a catchy name and we’re golden.

4 Likes

Just shorten Performance Velocity - PerVe

or maybe not…

9 Likes

:clap:t2::joy:

Ok the name might need some work.

4 Likes

12% increase every month :astonished:

Monzo valuation hits $4.5bn on back of drawing thousands of new customers

$500m fund raising

“It has reached 5m customers, with about 100,000 new customers joining each month.”

Monzo has also heavily diluted their early investors, who have made far less money than freetrade, even though the valuation is much higher.

9 Likes

Tell me about it; Monzo valuation has more than tripled and yet the share price hasn’t even doubled.

2 Likes

Yup, I invested in their first round, they were valued at £30m @ £0.5133/share.

Their valuation is now £3.4bn, an increase of 113x, their share value is now £14.4125, an increase of 28x.

It puts dilution from their first crowdfunding round at over 75%. :sob:

19 Likes