Freetrade share price 📈

Yes execution seems poor this year at best

Expansion into others markets and ultimately scalability is what imo most investors would want to see. Eventually they will reach maturity within the UK and need to show they can expand their product to other markets.

It’s been a long time since they first had their plans for expansion, but we haven’t seen much as of yet. With competitors popping up within Europe aswell they need to hurry up before eventually just being one of the many.

I don’t know what is stopping them, but I hope they resolve that quickly, because the macro climate is not going to get much better going forward imo.

16 Likes

Hopefully they can do both this year (crypto and international expansion)!

As an investor I believe that international expansion is a huge risk and if will require a $ war chest requiring the company to raise a huge amount of money to try to make it.

HL and Aj Bell are multi billions companies and they just focus on the UK.

1 Like

But AJ Bell and HL are worse and more expensive than legacy brokers in many European countries. Freetrade still has a fairly novel product and not excessive competition.
Not relying on likely soon illegal PFOF is also a plus on freetrade’s side.

2 Likes

https://web.freetrade.io/ - try it :grinning:

Not much there (buys are disabled and can’t see a way to discover stocks)

17 Likes

They hold about $6bn in cash so actual value… gulp…

2 Likes

We’re going to start onboarding Sweden residents to a private beta version of Freetrade account in May.

From the latest marketing email from Freetrade with the subject “Freetrade Web has taken off :flight_departure:

5 Likes

So a further delay then :pensive:

I might be looking for the future in tea leaves, but interesting tweet for Adam to like:

12 Likes

I’m really not sure where FT stands at the moment with the share price and a potential Series C. As an outsider to the VC industry it seems to me that appetite for the blockbuster valuations of 2021 has evaporated. At the same time I think FTs last valuation was quite conservative. Perhaps some good foresight to avoid a downround?

Conflicting info with FTs competitors as well. Robinhood is down 80-90% from the highs on the public market but also Stake just raised a huge £50m Series A. I don’t know what to make of it all.

10 Likes

I agree and I think it might be have been a very prudent decision. There is a school of though that you should

A. Raise when you can and not when you have to.

B. As a founder, avoid the temptation to get carried away with a valuation which you don’t feel comfortable living in. After all a VC is marking their own homework but increasing a valuation further than it should otherwise be.

2 Likes

£650m was a conservative valuation?

1 Like

The valuation came as a surprise to many, while to community had clearly sucked down a whole lot of hopium, I was expecting to see £800 - £1bn

1 Like

At the time I believe it was. Around the same time:
Trade Republic did a round with $5b valuation with less users than FT has now
Robinhood was worth over $50B

1 Like

True. But what do you think we stand now with Robinhood valued at $7bn and EToro Ipo cancelled?

I’m still holding out for that £2000 target.

10 Likes

my price target to get out is range £20-25 :grin:

With expansion, crypto, SL, new premium tier, autopilot, potential PFOF ban and ongoing battle for becoming leading European low cost app-based brokerage? Only Adam has a clue :grin:

3 Likes

How would Freetrade need to look to reach that sort of valuation ?

I don’t know if @Jonny’s maths are right but last time he said…

Given all the fuss that people make about the importance of a web interface, I think this figure is achievable once that’s been implemented. It’s Friday. I might have lost my mind.

5 Likes