Freetrade VC Funding

Just to clarify i’m speaking in terms of the fund’s value-add to freetrade, not as an investment outright. But honestly, I put 5 seconds into writing this. I saw they won Best EIS investment manager @ the 2017 Growth Investor awards (I concede that’s simply vanity), had recent activity in financials/SaaS and thought they’d be a good fit for freetrade.

Would be interesting to hear what EIS funds you’re fond of/why; Any favourites? I’ve always considered the fees too high to justify investing, so I haven’t really taken much note of them tbh.

Watch this company???

1 Like

Wow, that was scary. :fearful: But full set of accounts provided today:

I’ll tell you where I am coming from regarding Nutmeg. They done a CrowdCube raise and it is the worst raise I have ever seen. They answered zero questions and since then I feel it’s only a matter of time​:scream::scream::scream:

2 Likes

It might still be😱 in 5 days time

1 Like

Difficulties you say?

‘Group attracts strong financial backing despite never having made a profit

1 Like

Without wanting to go wildly off topic… the 85,000 nutmeg customer base figure quoted is interesting when compared to a crowd deduced figure of ~60,000 Freetrade customers, and a self reported 200,000 figure for Moneybox.

Particularly interesting when marketing accounted for 33% of 2018 costs as quoted in the article.

5 Likes

Just wait for 2019 results,that my friend is when the s**t will truly hit the fan.

:joy: I’m amazed Balderton has been so bullish with them