FT app ios takes up 1GB of data - help

3.4 Gb is a tad on the large side if you ask me :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

When I found a problem within the android app, I messaged them with the details and then received a message to advise that the problem had been identified and a fix for it would be included in the next version of the app.

Have you let them know? It might not affect everyone or may only affect certain versions of the app or iOS.

3 Likes

Well spotted :+1: I just updated and still the same though but guess it is what @Roger says as I have quite a few stocks and ISA/GIA/SIPP but that is ridiculous amount of space!!!

1 Like

I imagine it’s storing price history for every stock you ever looked at (since historical pricing doesn’t change, there isn’t much point everyone downloading it every time).
Server bandwidth vs Storage space. although that doesn’t explain why it’s so different on android

Price points are tiny bits of data.

1 Like

yes, but there are a lot of them.

Interesting how there’s so much variation. On Android, I have:
App size = 203MB, User data = 156MB, Cache = 129MB, Total = 359MB (which seems to exclude cache!)

I also do very little data-related things in the app, other than seeing whatever gets presented to me when I open up a stock to trade. I do all my tracking on an external spreadsheet, so I only use the app to buy or sell. From that perspective, 359MB is excessive.

1 Like