FT app ios takes up 1GB of data - help

Hi,

Why does the FT app use an extra 1 Gb of disc space? It’s ridiculous. What are you caching?

Regards.

1 Like

PS Obviously I have to regularly delete your app, and re-install it to keep the disc usage down. How annoying,

1 Like

There’s something wrong here. Mine uses 100KB of storage, so a factor of 10 000 difference.

You can clear cache and data without deleting the app though. Still annoying, but much easier and more convenient.

1 Like

This would be Android you are thinking of. Not possible on iOS. iOS is some pretty looking archaic crap code when compared with Android.

1 Like

I wonder why it’s so different?

1 Like

Oh, thanks for enlightening me. Wasn’t aware of that :thinking:

1 Like

That’s why I use Android :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Just for comparison on my Android device

2 Likes

Yep mine uses 1.1GB for D&D on IOS :+1: It’s shit TBH but I don’t use my space so OK for me.

1 Like

Are you on IOS? I wonder how different the D&D can get on peoples I-phones as mine is 1.1GB but could it just get to crazy amounts?

Also, why is my app 3.6MB bigger than @soko app? :rofl:

1 Like

Yes iOS on an iPhone 13

1 Like

Strange, what are we doing to get 5.5x more data :rofl:

1 Like

I have only funded my ISA and hold 27 positions

Yours is version 3.7.5 and mine is 3.7.6.

1 Like

This ought to be addressed by the development department. My iphone has 32gb of total storage, and freeing up the 1 gb of unused but likely needlessly cached data in the FT app would help many people out.

1 Like

Insane it uses that much storage on iOS. It’s five times less on my Android device. But even that uses a surprisingly amount of cache storage, I wonder why that is?

3 Likes

I’ve copied this thread into tomorrows AMA with @timdrew to see if he can answer it

3 Likes

It must be related to number of positions and watch lists judging by my storage usage

2 Likes

I should think that the development team could focus to make sure their app uses the resources efficiently.

If all applications took your approach then the 128gb iphone with 100 apps installed will get the message "Storage full"

Finally, why do you suggest the developers should write apps for the rich who can afford a new phone every cycle, vs those of us don’t need or don’t want or cannot afford and new phone every year? I have spend and intend to spend plenty through FT: Why should ai be penalized for having an old phone running ios 15.

4 Likes

OK. Agreed: Penalised being too strong a word. :slight_smile:

1 Like