GME Short Squeeze and Limit Sell limitations

I really don’t understand why this keeps coming up. Yes, arguably Freetrade should remove the restriction as it is pointless.

However, the current situation is that it exists. We all know it exists. In the absence of any announcements, we can only assume that it will remain for the time being. There’s an Ideas section when you can create threads for things you want changed and people can vote for them. The closest one is here: Limit Sell 200%+

If you really have that much confidence in the stock going to those kind of crazy levels, I really don’t understand why you wouldn’t just use a broker with no limits, rather than staying here and complaining that you will have to do some extra trades. Pay the £12 for the trade to buy the stock, and then pay the £12 to sell the stock. And then enjoy your millions of gains minus the £24.

On the assumption that this limit isn’t going away soon, the only reason I can see for not wanting to spend £24 on that is that you know in your heart of hearts that that £24 will be wasted when your gains are a fraction of what you’re hoping for.

12 Likes