GME Short Squeeze and Limit Sell limitations

I believe Adam said in one of the AMAs that the limit was something to do with compliance, so isn’t an arbitrary cap. He also said they were looking to get it increased.

Personally I don’t think the price of any of these meme stocks is going anywhere near that so it’s not something that I see as urgent.

1 Like

Why invest engineering and/or compliance time (and therefore cost) on a scenario that is so unlikely to happen?

Cmon folks there needs to be an element of sanity checking here as to whether something is a remotely likely scenario!

3 Likes

[quote=“Mike7, post:206, topic:33987, full:true”

Cmon folks there needs to be an element of sanity checking here as to whether something is a remotely likely scenario!
[/quote

Sanity is not something you hear about often when it comes to the entrenched views of meme stock holders/pushers.

I’d guess it’s related to Drivewealth as its US stocks. I think Revolut uses them too but isn’t their limit 10k? Worth finding some other DW brokers to see if its on their end.

I might be a bit late to comment, but selling after a supposed x120 short squeeze that might last minutes/hours is less than an ideal situation to get the exact price you want. There is no way you won’t be relying on luck alone to get to get an order though with any other platform.

2 Likes