Google Sheets ideas

Hi guys,

Do you have any ideas or suggestions of things I can use Google Sheets for when analysing my investment portfolio with Freetrade?

Any examples would be appreciated.

Thanksyou.

For each stock you could capture Ticker, Stock count, current value, 52wk high, 52wk low, current premium/discount to high/low, sector, category

Then with all your stocks populated you can work out your allocation for each stock/sector/category

1 Like

You can find loads here: GOOGLEFINANCE - Google Docs Editors Help (some examples at the end)

3 Likes

Is there a spreadsheet available that shows the dividend yields for each stock?

Not that I’m aware of

Someone had shared one with me from these firms previously but I removed it from Google Drive and cannot locate the post that originally shared the link.

Any help would be appreciated.

Have you asked ChatGPT to help you build any functions and scripts to run? Would be interesting to know which ones might work best. I’ve been playing around with this a bit myself (with no real excel/coding experience)

Chatgpt is pretty good at telling you what the right spreadsheet formula is, as long as you can describe what you are trying to calculate! Haven’t tried higher level stuff like “make a sheet that tracks div yield…”

I reckon you’d need a bit of hand holding with the prompts … combined with some checking. It produces errors confidently as the right approach!