Greggs 🌭 🥖 🧁 - GRG

Well done - may it continue to flourish!

1 Like

Fingers crossed. I’ve bought some shares.

1 Like

With the current P/E Ratio of over 30 times, I’d recommend a bit of caution at this price level. With market average PE ratio’s being closer to 10-20 times, this looks like it could be a little expensive and due a snap back to a more reasonable lower price point.

Do your own research, etc.

Matt

2 Likes

Those still looking to buy Gregg’s what kind of revenue and profit growth do you hope Gregg’s will deliver to justify the current price/valuation?

Hmmm, having just had a look at the trading volumes trough this week, it is now starting to look like the enthusiasm from earlier in the week is starting to weaken. A fun story and an interesting looking chart, but it’s beginning to look like this maybe due a correction back to a more realistic lower price level. It’ll be interesting to see how this fairs during a flat/down day on the FTSE.

I’m now going to add this to my watch list as I have feeling that this is going to be quite volatile and fun to watch.

Always do your own research, etc.
Matt

1 Like

Just checked in on the Gregg’s shares again. Looks like people starting to take profits and sell off. I wouldn’t be surprised to see these back down to something around the pre AGM price levels soon.

Matt

It’s quite brave of you to try to predict the behaviour of the market :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Not brave really and just an observation of what happening and my interpretation of why it’s happening, Clearly the FTSE & S&P are a bit wobbly today, and add to that a very high x30 P/E ratio for Gregg’s that is now looks like it’s moving back towards something more inline with rest of the market sector (x10-15). You can regularly see this kind of thing happening around company announcements.

Markets are’t perfect, but they do have a habit of rebalancing themselves back to the averages over time. :slight_smile:

Matt

1 Like

Greggs is doing well at the moment.

1 Like

Interesting data point (emphasis from me):

Research commissioned by the Vegan Society suggests there are 600,000 vegans in Great Britain, amounting to 1.16 per cent of the population, with the number quadrupling in the last five years alone.

Of course, as with any trend, things can change / slow down / reverse. I also haven’t seen The Game Changers, but will definitely watch it.

My favourite actor Arnold Schwarzenegger is in it:

For me to understand the bear case, I’m sure I’ll find plenty of contrarian views on Reddit.

1 Like

That’s an @engineer type post. Great post

3 Likes

This just in:

My favourite points:

1. All protein originates in plants. The protein one gets from eating a steak or a burger are actually from the plants the animal ate.

2. The average plant-eater gets 70% more protein than they need.

6. When animal protein is cooked, preserved, or digested by our gut bacteria, highly inflammatory compounds are formed and they corrode our cardiovascular system.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Dangerous times:

4 Likes

Greggs is being cool.

Greggs issued its fifth profit upgrade since the beginning of 2019, when it launched its hugely successful vegan sausage roll.

It said it would make a one-off payment to all 25,000 employees below director level. About 19,000 staff, who joined the company before March 2019, will receive £300 while others will be paid £75 for each quarter they have been with the company.

Can any shareholders get a slice of that £300? :rofl:

Another article on Greggs

1 Like

They gave out a special dividend in addition to the normal one, so basically yes!

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve had dividend payment for my shares in Greggs! :frowning:

When did you buy them? last payout was october

I’ve had the shares for quite a while now, way before October 2018.

I’ll have to look into this.

1 Like