How many users now?

The spreadsheet is being updated daily by the looks of things. Just check the top of this thread for the latest.

Are Freetrade employees helping out hereā€¦ :face_with_monocle::thinking:

We are currently 568,820

11 Likes

great news :money_with_wings: I smell money

1 Like

I see our TrustPilot rating has slipped a little 3.8 (good) down to 3.7 (average). The reoccurring themes being from new users having delays regarding funding of accounts / funds ā€œdisappearedā€ + no responses from CS. Irrespective if all of these are FTā€™s fault or not, itā€™s feedback that can be used to get better and betterā€¦

Itā€™s crazy how quick people are to assassinate others after such a small interaction. Incredible. There is even a guy who has posted 2 seperate 1 star reviews in the past 48 hours. Like WTAF is wrong with some people.

Never mind the FT bomber jacket can we send these people an FT dummy so they can keep spitting it out over and overā€¦

6 Likes

Read the feedback before $GME went to the moon. Hopefully theyll improve

Some people cant legit get hold of their money, thats why Robinhoods GooglePlay rating tanked twice and other brokers put real clients like Drivewealthahead of retail clients. Some gambled $000s away on YOLO stonks and couldnt trade when Wall St could at the end of that volatileweek. So yeah, small retail people can only vote to show how they feel , its democratic ((never mind the bots)

Yeah I know, the feedback was generally excellent but it has already improved since 1-2 weeks ago when everything went crazy ape shiit. Iā€™m sure there have been some good learnings during this time :muscle:t3:

Sadly still dropping on trust pilot, it was 3.8 and 4 stars on Tuesday last week.

Could be worse Trading 212 Reviews | Read Customer Service Reviews of trading212.com Trading212 Reviews | Read Customer Service Reviews of trading212.co.uk :smiling_face_with_tear:

Update:

Robinhood Reviews | Read Customer Service Reviews of robinhood.com :wave:

Finally got round to leaving my trust pilot review so of course gave 5* so hopefully this should bump up the percentage score a little.

5 Likes

Can I also suggest to other happy Freetrade customers to flag Trustpilot reviews like this one that says ā€œ Can we all say GROUP ACTION / CLASS ACTION?ā€ as it is against Trustpilots ethos.

3 Likes

Just left some feedback too 5* review for a 5* team!

4 Likes

Hmm, there seems to be loads of fault or misinformation on the 1* reviews. Like this one for example, Iā€™d take a guess that this user brought Aston Martin and was unaware of the reverse stock split of 20:1 in Dec 2020 and some how thatā€™s Freetradeā€™s fault :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

I saw that! Some of those reviews are pathetic. Everyone is entitled to post genuine experiences, and I dar so some of the customer support ones are warranted at the moment but ones that put in email addresses related to their own agenda and a review with no tangible relation to Freetrade really wind me up.

1 Like

Good idea for a feature here though - for novice investors itā€™s really important that they are helped to understand :

• When stock splits/merges happen and what happens to shares in corporate events like this
  • Stock prices are entirely arbitrary and bear no relation to value

Messaging around corporate events is something FT could probably improve IMO both by sending emails when events are announced and inserting an event into the activity feed to explain what happened which is prominently linked on the stock page so you canā€™t miss it. It might be genuinely surprising for a user to see shares disappear like this on a falling stock.

In fact this gives me an idea for a great feature - itā€™d be great to have an activity feed just for one stock on the stock page, showing corporate events (dividends, splits etc) just for that stock, it would could help highlight pst dividends as well as other events like stocks splits. Freetrade is a little too spartan in terms of investment info right now.

Sometimes the complaints of users, even if founded on ignorance or misunderstandings, are a great pointer to areas that need to be made clearer and foolproof.

13 Likes

FT did a piece on stock splits around the time Apple and Tesla did it. I donā€™t know how to find old newsletters but it would be worth them being saved somewhere.

1 Like

You could add RNS & SEC filings under it too. Iā€™d love to get notifications for filings for stocks I own

4 Likes

I hold some Tesco stock and Freetrade sent a message in the activity feed regarding the stock consolidation which Tesco are implementing on Monday.

I was already aware of this but I suspect that not everyone was so if they didnā€™t annouce this then investors may think that some of their shares have disappeared.

Big up to Freetrade for announcing this in their feeds.

3 Likes

Has the google sheet tracking user numbers disappeared?

No, its still there: Freetrade Users - Google Sheets

9 Likes

Thanks for maintaining the sheet zac :+1:

5 Likes