How many users now?

Has kept the same average since I mentioned this back in October thenā€¦ :blush:

5 Likes

Would be good to understand from the FT team why they believe user numbers are significantly below the projection.
Overall, good growth though!

2 Likes

Not moving into other markets is surely top

2 Likes

Yeah, I think once other countries are added the numbers should go up quite a bit, must be quite few on waiting lists. I think fractionals and more stocks will help as well.

3 Likes

Fractionals is a big one. Puts the Googles and Amazons in reach. And Chipotle if youā€™re into that :laughing:

Im guessing that Berkshire A class will never be fractional? Or anything else that carries enhanced voting rights like that? How does voting work with fractionals not just on FT but in general

Anyone got a hint at the year-end user count?

4 Likes

The last count was 82,000 on December 23rd.
The average new daily user being around 250, end of year user count should be around the 85/86.000 mark.

3 Likes

Would be interesting to see if the Christmas break kept the same average or if it gave people more time to join up or less inclination because of how much food theyā€™d eaten and they didnā€™t turn on the computer :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

FT is ~15k users behind R4/5 pitch deck forecast, and is due to onboard 900k users in 2020. With the delay of European expansion, slower rollout of the investment platform and slower hiring plans than forecastedā€¦ what levers are management planning on pulling in H1 this year to accelerate growth and keep in line with these plans?

23 Likes

Great question for the AMA which has yet to close nor has an official end date, so maybe thisā€™ll garner a response over there:

1 Like

@Diversify @toms just had a thought itā€™s something I like seeing between companies I ownā€¦Wouldnā€™t Draper like to see synergy between their investments? Freetrade and another

As @Viktor pointed out that thread is now closed. It would therefore be great to get a view from management on this.

Perhaps in the next monthly / quarterly newsletter to investors only?

2 Likes

Thanks Toms for reminding us of this 2020 target. To put things in perspective, onboarding 900k users means onboarding circ. 2500 users a dayā€¦ thatā€™s 10 times the current rate.

So I guess tomsā€™ question could be completed as such : ā€œWhat levers are management planning on pulling to accelerate growth ten-fold ?ā€

edit: These numbers proved incorrect, see below the same post with the right numbers.

6 Likes

I must be missing some info somewhere. The pitch deck I have from R4 says on page 19 that they are projecting 170k users within 12 months (so around April) and 677k users within 24 months (April 2021).

Am I missing a pitch deck? Or did it change for R5?

Looking at the slides they have gone from 25k to 80k+ users in 8 months, so not bad going at all. Compare that to most of the other companies I have picked on Crowdcube who tend to fold within 1 year :smirk:

5 Likes

Forecasts on a pitch deck are always going to have a large margin of error, thereā€™s no way of knowing in advance how fast it will grow. I guarantee most pitch decks are overoptimistic. To be only ~15% down on forecast is probably pretty good.

They do need to start ramping up if they are going to be anywhere near next years forecast though.

11 Likes

Hi! I just had a look at the R5 pitchdeck (wich might very well be the R4 pitchdeck as wellā€¦) and it appears @toms is mistaken. the Projections (slide 15), shows 478k users in 2020 and 1m users in 2021.

That being said, user growth still needs to jump from 250/day to around 1100/day to hit the 2020 objective!

7 Likes

Good spot!

We are spoiled here in UK with investment platforms. Once Freetrade launch in Europe I am sure the numbers will be deferent.

7 Likes

Agreed. Between investment platforms and challenger banks you guys are sorted :ok_hand:

1 Like

Amazes me how you havenā€™t even used the FT app yet :rofl:

1 Like