How many users now?

Friend signed up with user numberā€¦

904,55x

57 Likes

run rate steady at just under 1,900 per dayā€¦

12 Likes

August saw an uptick from 1,379 to 1,680 which means 900,000th was signed up on Friday 3rd (roughly) (only 2 days out @GMCay!!)

The 1,000,000 user march continues, if user growth continues at the same pace weā€™ll welcome them on November 2nd 2021 Now thatā€™ll be something to set fireworks off for!

Great update @Wulfy !!

19 Likes

36 Likes

I know some are desperate for this but I do think Freetrade should be very careful about what they release. Weā€™ve seen the competitors all over this forum before and even joining the AMA sessions so if the KPIs show a product is working very well/not so well this is very helpful information to the competition. Investors should get some information but not the general public unless FT believe itā€™s beneficial.

17 Likes

Anyone know if the pandemic helped Freetrade in terms of user growth? I would guess that it did. Personally, I was on furlough for a few months and not spending anything on eating out, holidays etc so got way more into investing and invested more.

This plus the GME saga creating a massive spike in users must have been super fortunate for Freetrade, plus probably their main competitor, Trading212, not allowing new accounts for quite some time.

4 Likes

Iā€™d say lock down helped all the similar apps as people couldnā€™t spend as easily. Question is how many carry on when the temptations to spend everything come back.

1 Like

1 Freetrade Halloween pumpkin to user 1,000,000

9 Likes

Also worth considering July and Aug are typically the slowest signup months of the calendar year, most likely accelerated by it being the first real travel period post pandemic. On top of that weā€™ve had the Euros + the Olympics as an attention distraction. I expect FT will ramp up to 2.5-3k users a day from mid Sept onwards.

17 Likes

New update:

:white_check_mark: From 0000 to 100K :arrow_right: 497 days
:white_check_mark: From 100K to 200K :arrow_right: 152 days
:white_check_mark: From 200K to 300K :arrow_right: 159 days
:white_check_mark: From 300K to 400K :arrow_right: 43 days
:white_check_mark: From 400K to 500K :arrow_right: 03 days (GME)
:white_check_mark: From 500K to 600K :arrow_right: 29 days
:white_check_mark: From 600K to 700K :arrow_right: 66 days
:white_check_mark: From 700K to 800K :arrow_right: 58 days
:white_check_mark: From 800K to 900K :arrow_right: 63 days

Good numbers for :freetrade: !! Waiting for European expansion to boost them!

35 Likes

I am not sure if this was mentioned before, but these guys are about to launch:
https://golightyear.com/
With their experience from Transferwise in multi currency/localization/internationalization/etcā€¦, they will probably launch in Europe very soon.

1 Like

The main question I have is ā€¦ How are they planning to make money, when everything is free, except FX fees over Ā£3k ?

5 Likes

Colleague signed up last night - 909,299

67 Likes

Acceleration in average per day but small sample. Hope the next few trend that way.

5 Likes

This is BIG!

15 Likes

Brand new, literally just signed up - user number #914,041

78 Likes

Thanks for sharing Sarah :grinning: welcome.

5 Likes

Thanks @SB426 You might have peaked :heart:-wise!

10 Likes

Welcome Sarah. Thanks also for sharing!

3 Likes

This is starting to read like an AA meeting :joy:

20 Likes