I’ve seen some pretty big portfolios posted on here over the last few months. Sometimes into the tens of thousands, maybe more - so my question is:
How did you achieve it?
- What is your balance? (ballpark figure)
- How long have you been adding to it?
- How much do you add to it each month?
- Were you fortunate enough to be given a lump sum at some point, or did you start from scratch?
- What is your strategy? ETFs, individual stocks?
Personally, I’m currently at around the £2k mark, having put in about £150 on average per month since I started investing. Luckily enough to have been promoted at work and now able to put in £350 a month, but even then it will still take me years to achieve even double figures thousands.
Do i need to get lucky and have a distance Aunt leave me some inheritance, or do I just continue to ramp up the payments and watch the eighth wonder of the world compound interest do her thing? (Rhetorical…)