I have 17p cash left

arguing and discussing are two different things.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a good point! Iā€™d argue thereā€™s learning that comes from this decision. I look at stocks I didnā€™t know before. So thereā€™s value created thatā€™s probably more valuable than the Ā£8.21.

3 Likes

I think we are discussing. At least I read the responses in calm, reasonable voices in my head. :joy:

3 Likes

:fist_right::fist_left:t6:ā€¦

2 Likes

I think thatā€™s the best proposal in this thread. If it interests or educates you then the amount is secondary :grinning:

7 Likes

i bought eurasia and evr holdings when i first started with freetrade, i bought 64 eurasia at 3p each now at 7p each

1 Like

Its an entry point. End of

as a new user and having had big problems constantly putting funds into freetrade i started with low priced shares, got my daughter to join up and she went straight for boohoo, just reminded me i havent had any news on our freeshare each

You might have a better response if you posted this in the referral free share thread. Issues and general questions about the referral scheme are asked there.

1 Like

thanks wll use chat later when daughter is home to check she has recieved anything

1 Like

Please ping our team visa the app! :pray: The chat option is through the top right profile screen.

3 Likes

Not that I disagree completely, but 17p invested over 30 years (6% and 1p added per month) is only Ā£10.72 still probably not worth an hour of your time to find a way to invest it and assuming you donā€™t spend a whole hour every month trying to do the same.

1 Like

Thing is you wouldnā€™t top out at 17p. Say you spent that money researching a penny stock you found that you loved - you could plonk that 17p in and remind yourself that next time you invest to check them out.

Actually what I do! But my strategy has failed because I lose interest

1 Like

OK, yes I agree, my example isnā€™t worth the time with those figures, however it was rather to get the point across to not shun an opportunity. A positive opportunity is better than doing nothing, given nothing is what youā€™re doing. However, when faced with choice, opportunities have to be foresaken to reach your own goals.

Another way to illustrate for someone with a high risk appetite, rather than 6% which is rather safe, above medium risk into say 12% annual interest, with 17p invested every month. Letā€™s also count the number of people who discounted the OPā€™s proposal (simulate that to be the number of times in your investing life you overlooked the opportunity) and multiply the outcome by this number.

For one opportunity taken:
Ā£356.45

multiplied by the number of times overlooked:
Ā£356.45 x 15 = Ā£5,346.75

Yeah I know it can add up. However there is nothing wrong with doing nothing, ā€œthe hardest part of investing is doing nothingā€ is a common saying in investing. Either way I usually have cash available at all times just in case an opportunity arises, in fact most fund managers, if not all, have spare cash available so trying to find a way to spend the last 17p sounds a bit excessive to me. I would rather search for the next opportunity, find what new things you want to invest in the next couple of months or to what positions you want to add, this is likely much better for learning and for long term investing, especially if you can achieve a 12% anualised ROR over 30 years.

1 Like

Putting the remaining pence left over into cheap stocks is what brought Greatland Gold and Eurasia to my attention. And to date they have been my biggest returns on Freetrade. Not the initial pence I put in but from having the awareness of the stock because of the pence. I subsequently further invested into those companies from reading about them on the Deep Dives on the forum written by @anon810895 which I wouldnā€™t have read had the companies not been sitting in my portfolio.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m talking about. The sweet learning.

1 Like