Introducing annual subscriptions and pricing changes

I know a few was intrested and hopfully this doesnt get reported again as freetrade dont offer it. Jisa tranfered into hl finally was pretty easy

The email said from the May billing date so I’m going to guess the option will appear sometime after April payment?

We’re looking to get this ready to go live as soon as we can and before May billing dates!

Will provide further details as soon as we’ve confirmed a timeline to launch.

8 Likes

It appears Hargreaves have realised they are too expensive. And have done a little bit about it.
The dividend reinvestment is really the only good one. Zero. My favourite price!

HL’s removal of trading fees for direct debit investments is good, but still somewhat flawed. To be really usable they need to make 3 changes:

• Move to one day per week, not one day per month.
  • Allow investing of cleared funds or sale proceeds, not just direct debit deposits.
  • Allow sales and fund switches at the same (free) rate, not just purchases. Sales still cost £11.95.

I don’t see them tempting many frequent traders across, but a bit more competitive for buy and hold accumulators.

3 Likes

Okay, having read through this thread I have made the following decision. I have been with FT for a couple of years now and I’m on the top package. I’m a little bit annoyed about the new price increase, but with the amount of money I have with them, I am going to stay and take out the yearly subscription. However I have opened a new ISA with the enemy (212). Have to say I’ve had no issues and will not be using the CFD bit of the app. Also the cost of American shares is better because of the FX rate. Also when withdrawing money it reaches your account a lot quicker (like next day for me, currently). Divs are paid quicker. They also have a facility to show how the FX rate has impacted on your investment (really like this as I buy quite a few US shares). Don’t like the interface on 212, but apart from that, no complaints yet and currently I don’t have to pay a monthly/yearly subscription. Though we don’t know how long this will last for. I know FT have to make a profit and I have no issues with that. However they need to be careful as when Lightyear and CMC Invest get their act together, then 212 will not be the only competition for FT!

9 Likes

Still only 3% on cash (even Wise offers higher @3.65%), increase in fees, slow roll out of products, the list goes on…

Freetrade has been my primary platform since 2018 but you can’t increase costs while competitors are offering incentives (i.e. 1% cash bask on ISA deposits) and not expect people to jump ship.

Currently winding down my positions and then I too will be out of here. All the best!

2 Likes

Where are you seeing this? As far as I’m aware Wise offer no interest on assets held as cash.

1 Like

It’s not for holding cash. It’s return for allowing Wise to invest your cash in BlackRock ICS Sterling Government Liquidity Fund. The quoted figure is the amount of interest the fund made in the last 30 days.

Wise state they allow you to treat it as a cash-like account (deposit/withdraw when you like) but they also say capital is at risk and returns not guaranteed.

3 Likes

Correct, website states:

Put your money in Interest, a low risk fund with government-backed assets, and get a 3.61% variable rate.

Be interesting looking back on this thread when / if 212 introduce a fee for the ISA

1 Like

I thought as much ( and that 3.61% is reduced by a 0.19% charge ). I love the way people pop up extolling the virtues of other platforms with their ‘facts’ :thinking:

5 Likes

It’s 3.66% after fees… and Lightyear offers 3.5%… The facts are Freetrade isn’t competitive anymore, customer goodwill and being an “honest” broker will only get you so far.

I wasn’t looking to change brokers but this whole price increase and shoddy fee comparison with II and HL left a sour taste in my mouth.

1 Like

Indeed. Ft are keeping my subscription but losing out on growth of my ISA for this year. The amount that I put in my ISA is probably inconsequential to FT but 1% on investments for a year will make a big difference to me. I’ll be able to put a little extra in my FT SIPP.

I guess all businesses have to take a gamble when they increase prices. They keep some and they lose some. Hopefully it pays off for them.

But if they’re just investing it in a fund (and putting it at risk) for you how is that different from buying an ETF with similar yield on Freetrade?

1 Like

Lightyear aren’t covered by FSCS protection so not sure I’d be happy leaving a stack of uninvested cash there. Please point me to where Wise offer 3.66% on cash ( uninvested ie. zero risk ) after fees.

3 Likes

Well it’s different in the sense that it’s easy access.

Goodbye,enjoy the other community forums

2 Likes

Thanks Mohammed! I’m sure I will see you there further down the line :wink:

3 Likes

I’ll look out for the annual option when it comes live so I can stick to 9.99 per month for my plus account, I’ll put the difference to the 11.99 into more shares :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m okay with price changes.
I’ve opened a basic account with FT and will upgrade to plus when JPLG (JPMorgan Global Equity Multi-Factor UCITS ETF Acc) has been added for SIPP

@adam

Thanks

1 Like