Invesco MSCI World UCITS ETF (Acc) - MXWS - Share chat

Freetrade have a nice article on stock indices, but don’t offer acc and dist ETFs that track all of them. Let’s change that by voting!

(My picks are based purely on being at least 3 years old and having the lowest OFC in their category; this naturally tends to equate to the best 5 year performance, or at least in the top 3: performance is also affected by tracking error of the ETF in question, so Freetrade could equally go with the ETF that has the highest 5 year performance, or some balance of past performance and low OFC.)

MSCI World
Acc: Invesco MSCI World UCITS ETF MXWS 0.19%
Dist: Xtrackers MSCI World Index UCITS ETF 1D XDWL 0.19%
Freetrade already offer IDGW (0.30%), which is hedged. It’s only been out a year or so, so can’t judge it beyond the theory that the higher OFC will make it worse than the above 2. Based on iShare’s other hedged MSCI World ETF, being hedged doesn’t seem to benefit?
If I was going to invest in anything other than CNX1, it would be SWDA (0.20%), the highest performing ETF in this category, for a slightly higher OFC. I already have another stock request thread dedicated to SWDA.

(Acc ETFs naturally tend to have better 5 year performance that dist, which is why I think they should definitely be offered across the board. That and the fact Freetrade doesn’t offer DRIP to automatically reinvest dividends from dist ETFs.)

Hey Sendu, I have removed SWDA ticker since it has already been suggested. It also helps to differentiate between the two. Hope it is ok with you :slight_smile:

1 Like