So I’m not new to investing but I’m wanting to ask Freetrade a “what would you do”?
My wife and sister-in-law should be getting a good amount to invest very soon. They don’t know anything about investing so have asked me for advice in the best way to make the most of it.
- Needs to be something that can tick away with minimal involvement. Once a month maybe, not once a day.
- They have no criteria on risk level, but nothing too high I would expect.
- No specific sectors, I think technology would be good like Apple.
- Could be stocks, bonds, ETFs, property or anything and any combo
- Long term, so happy with 10-30 yrs return and locked in if better results
- Should be ethical, I know thats a bit vague and means different things based on your stance, but basically positive impact on society and the environment.
- Should be helping women, this is the tricky one I’m struggling on other than picking businesses that are are transparent with equal pay and hiring the best person for the job.
- Some x amount of total could be held back in savings to drip feed in monthly, rather than dump and for a couple of decades.